• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can i use on the floor of a shed.

karen354

Warren Veteran
Hi, We have the poppy house for our foster bun.. Any ideas what I can lay on the floor ? Carpet I'm sure they would chew what about lino ? At the moment I have laid lots of shaving, hay & straw.. He has toys & boxes in there & I've put a carrier packed with straw in for him to sleep in on a night, Do you think I should put a proper hutch/shelter inside the poppy house or do you think hes okay as he is ?

Hi
I would say lino is the best and easy to clean! I would have thought he would be ok with a shelter if he is already in the playhouse. I know mine would go in it! When I used to have a hutch/run combo they never used the hutch and sat out on the cold concrete in the run! Typical :roll:
Lian x

I will use lino then might get it done this weekend if the weather isn't to bad.. The shed is packed with straw & hay so he'll be a warm boy. Can't help but worry about them can you ?

I have always found sticky vinyl floor tiles to be the best. B & Q do a value range - you get about 6 or 8 for 1.99 (or maybe 2.99).

I remember someone on here having a problem with a bunny who started peeing on the lino and it seeped right through and the whole thing needed replaced.

If its floor tiles, they can't rip them up and if one gets ruined it can be ripped up and replaced.

Fiona x

karen354 said:
I will use lino then might get it done this weekend if the weather isn't to bad.. The shed is packed with straw & hay so he'll be a warm boy. Can't help but worry about them can you ?

I know, I felt so guilty about mine being in the hutch/run (even though it was their choice to sit in the run during winter) so I've moved them into the garage with a cat flap to outside. We really do spoil our bunsters! :lol:

Reuben has a big run attached to his hutch and I felt sorry for him as he is always outside. Ahem I bought him a big rubber backed thick carpet mat to sit on :lol: :lol: He still prefers the floor ! :shock:

I have lino in mine, got an offcut from B&Q for about £15 I think. I have got a hutch in mine and they do like to go in there if someone they don't know goes in the shed, but it doesn't have to be a hutch, a hooded cat loo or wigwam or something - anything so he'll have a bolt hole.

Firstly we put a pond linner on the floor, to stop any cold coming through the concrete base, then we put lino down, and put batons round the edges so that Bella and Benji cant get to the edges of the limo to chew, and on top of that I put an old rug I had, and touch wood they haven chewed any of them yet, :shock: :lol:

This is when I was bonding them, before everything was moved in
IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

This one with the rug down
IMG_5325.jpg

Hope this helps

what can i put on my shed floor

Hiya :)

I have lino on my shed floor :) it,s easy to keep clean and i wash mine over every day as well as sweeping it :) I put 2 layers down so it,s quite thick & keeps out the drafts :) my bunnies have chewed some from the edges though :(

I picked up some heavy duty lino at a roll end shop cheaply for our buns shed (probably better quality than that in our house :lol: ).
If you do use lino look for some that's not too slippery for their feet. Some are very smooth & shiny.

Mike

Back