• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside Rabbits to House Buns!

chinakit

Warren Scout
About 3 months ago I decided to move my outdoor rabbits indoors. They have a 6ft long indoor cage (2 x 3ft cages joined together) but now spend most of the time out of the cage anyway. I wouldn't have believed that rabbits have such character! Bluebell is a really bossy girl, and has both my dogs and all the cats well sorted - they are terrified of her :D

The other one, Cheeky, is less bossy but he loves stretching out on the carpet with his feet out behind him. They have adjusted so well to coming indoors; I don't think I could ever keep rabbits outside in hutches ever again!

Its nice having them indoors isnt it. I find you get to know them better, and it often really helps a nervous bun come out of their shell.

(best not mention the chewing of everything tho!)

Benny has just come inside and he's such a bold little chap!

Last night he decided he's come into our computer room to see what we were doing. We obviosuly weren't giving him enough attention because he started nudging us, then he started nibbling my trousers.

Benny is also really relaxed and stretches fully at every opportunity. I thought he might get a bit scared with different noises, but whenever he hears stuff he has to investigate.

So far we've had 2 casualties with wires - Christmas tree lights and the phone!! Best not to mention that bit to people thinking about moving their buns inside!! :lol:

Back