• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honest opinions please.

sgprescue

Mama Doe
We wanted to do a video for my website showing unwanted rabbits and guinea pigs. My sisters other half did this one for me. I need honest opinions please, do you think anything needs to be changed? Does it pull at your heartstrings enough?

Bright eyes

Sorry - access denied by IT. And a very strict email about protecting my reputation & career!! :oops: :lol:

awwww :cry: i think it is a lovely video poor bunsters and piggies

the only teensy critisism i would hake is that sometimes it flashes through th pics very quickly and i didnt really get a chance to see the animals in them (might be because my brain is on go slow today though :lol: ) other than is is lovely

(btw who is that gorgeous white bun with a dark nose, dark ears and a splodge over its eye :love: :love: :love: :lol: )

It's lovely, very atmospheric, one comment though, could you add some headings or text, as its not really clear that these are animals in need of safe homes :wink:

OK, you said be honest so I hope you don't mind me being so!
I don't like that its in black and white and seems to have been shot at night with a torch - it reminds me of a burgurlar staking out a joint. Sorry!!!!
Also, for me, I find the Bright Eyes music just too cliche.
Hope I haven't offended you!

I only had the chance to watch a little, but I liked it.

One thing I would say was I didnt like that it was in black and white. i always think of that to be used for sad occassions- ie) to picture the animals in their horrible old homes - and they surely have a bright technicolour future ahead of them in a new home. I think it would make people actually pay attention to them more and perhaps spot one that they may like to adopt if it is in colour.

Also, would be good if it said how many you have waiting for new homes etc.

Made me cry so defo pulls on the heart strings!!! which is good, but I do feel you might get more offers of homes if you made it clear the rabbits featured on the video are for rehoming and maybe add the animals names when they appear on screen to make it more personal and eaiser for people to identify the rabbits they are interested in.

I too think it would be better in daylight and colour.

Good luck, great idea
Lian x

I agree, a very teary moment for me watching that video!! :cry: I think in colour would be better, and details of their names and why they needed to be rescued e.g. "Buster, found in a cardboard box in the rain". That would make people realise the horrible suffering rabbits go through (I think most people simply don't realise it goes on) and make them more likely to go to a rescue rather than a pet shop.

Very good idea though! Well done! :thumb:

AMETHYST

Great idea Cheryl.

But you asked for honest opinions :oops:

I think the toys and tunnels and nice clean bedding are not depicting the whole heart rending issue in a harsh enough heart pulling enough way. And repeating the same rabbits so often doesn't encompass the scale of the problem. Sorry :oops: Music is perfect though, and the lighting.

doorkeeper said:
Great idea Cheryl.

But you asked for honest opinions :oops:

I think the toys and tunnels and nice clean bedding are not depicting the whole heart rending issue in a harsh enough heart pulling enough way. And repeating the same rabbits so often doesn't encompass the scale of the problem. Sorry :oops: Music is perfect though, and the lighting.

no need to appologise. I want to get it just right and for that I need some constructive criticism :thumb:

rabbit video

I thought it was wonderful :) bit teary after watching it :oops: only would like to have seen the bunnies a bit longer as it seemed to flash from one to the other before you could see them :( going off to have a good cry now :oops: :wink:

Really like the idea. However if the buns were in colour it would be more appealing, and also longer periods of time to view each pic, they change too quick. You also need some sort of text to let people know their age, sex and personality maybe???? The more info you have the more interested people will be! Good luck, is an excellent idea, and the music always makes me long for bunnies!!

Okay well Im all teary and my bf is on his way round!!! thanks!! :lol:

I have to say I LOVE the black and white and the sad music, love the ambience it brings, makes them look down and out and lonely and in need of a bright loving home, which is what you want! They can see colour pics when they enquire!
I agree that you shouldn't repeat same bunnies in different frames though for same reasons above :)
Who ever said about names drifting onto the screen was spot on, I think you can do that with photoshop?

Im off to reapply my mascara! Grrrr to you! :wink:

Music obvious and best choice in my opinion.

I agree with other comments that the rabbits look too happy in their nice temp homes with tunnels toys etc. Maybe remove just for the vid and poss put into too small hutches? its just reflecting real life afterall.

I think black and white is good but is there anyway to get rid of the red eye which I think gives the impression of night time?

Perhaps you could have first half in B&W with 'sad' buns and other half 'happy' buns in nice homes, hopping around in colour to really stress difference in lifestyle.

captions would def be good, keep them short though e.g. 'flea ridden' 'starved'

Good luck on a very good cause X

Back