• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what has just arrived......OMG Update!!!

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Daddy bunny

Daddybunny009-1.jpg

And in a 3 foot tris was Mummy bunny who gave birth this morning to 4 babies on straw!! :shock: :shock:

Apparently she beat daddy up this morning! :shock: hence his injuries, he was in the tris as well :shock: :shock: :shock:

Will take more photos soon........we are off to the vets

OMG poor Bunny.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Theo, do those injuries remind you of the ones sustained by another Bunny we know.......

Picture033.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank goodness you now have Daddy-Bunny

Janex

Aspen'n'company said:
Is that all bite marks!? :shock:
Poor bun! Good job for taking him on! :thumb:

Yep!, bites scratches, claw marks and of course no fur!!, it's mummy that's worrying me more :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jack's-Jane said:
OMG poor Bunny.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Theo, do those injuries remind you of the ones sustained by another Bunny we know.......

Picture033.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank goodness you now have Daddy-Bunny

Janex

Yep! sure does, in fact Daddy arrived in a plastic box all taped up and so I couldn't see inside and when I opened the lid and saw him that was my first thought, similar injuries but not so bad.......

I have been into Mummy bunny and she seems OK and has eaten all the veggies I gave her last night and there are plenty of poos, but I don't know about the babies, I didn't take the blanket right off the cage because I didn't want to stress mummy out too much

I just hope they are going to be OK

Morrigan1981 said:
Oh my goodness Jane, which poor bunny is that photograph of?? :cry: :cry:

I will tell you via PM...

Theo, you are an absolute ANGEL to do all you do for the Bunnies who find their way to you. Do please keep us posted on how The Family are progressing

Janex

Poor little boy...some people are so wicked..hat off to you tho for looking after him.
My friend takes in buns when she has space, she had a group of three girls dumped on her three weeks before xmas, poor things were so so thin, and so scared of everything. Should have seen them when we put them in their new homes...almost smiling..sadly tho they have all since had babies.. :shock:

karen354 said:
:( Poor boy.... So he was attacked by his partner ?

Yes, because they were in a 3 foot tris and she gave birth and she is so stressed, but she is being kept quiet and warm so hopefully she will be OK

Daddy bunny, whom we have named Bennie is at the vets for the day so as they can examine all the injuries and monitor him closely and he might have to have an emergency castrate :shock: :shock: depends on how much damage underneath :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just hope they all pull through, I must admit I am so worried about them

Thanks for your messages everyone

snowy said:
karen354 said:
:( Poor boy.... So he was attacked by his partner ?

Yes, because they were in a 3 foot tris and she gave birth and she is so stressed, but she is being kept quiet and warm so hopefully she will be OK

Daddy bunny, whom we have named Bennie is at the vets for the day so as they can examine all the injuries and monitor him closely and he might have to have an emergency castrate :shock: :shock: depends on how much damage underneath :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just hope they all pull through, I must admit I am so worried about them

Thanks for your messages everyone

Oh God the year has started much as the last one ended....... :cry:

Will it EVER get any better ....

Lots of vibes for Bennie-Bunny and Family

Janex

I'm so glad Jane was able to get them to you so quickly :D I would have taken them but the other litter in need is closer so logisticly Jane thought it better if I had them instead as sadly I couldn't manage both :? So many rabbits in need at the moment :cry: If the two Frenchies I am expecting and the old lad due on Sat come in that is me completely full until someone else goes out :(

Well done for having them Theo :D

Have spoken to theo on the phone and we've realised these are related To Dill and Willow who I took in a couple of weeks ago. I met the lady at a pub to collect them and sadly I had said I only had room for 2 and was meant to be having the other 2 next week...wish I had told her to bring all 4 now and perhaps bun wouldn't have been injured :cry:
She seemed so caring and said they would be ok til I could take them....as Jane has said..it seems to never end :cry: ..
I'm off to look at the 22 in need in about an hour..... :(

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The vet nurse has just telephoned to say that the Daddy bunny I took in this morning 'Bennie' can't be operated on be cause he is too poorly for a GA and that Bennie is a GIRL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and is probably pregnant :shock: :shock:

So it's that question "Who is the Daddy"?, I suspect Jill could very well have him

It beggars belief!

Back