• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housebuns?

GemmaH

Mama Doe
Hiya

Just wondering if anyone has a rabbit that doesn't chew anything in their house and is completely clean when it comes to the litter tray? Just curious really. When we first got Jasper he was inside for a couple of weeks and drove me mad with his pooing (would use the tray in the day but in the evening and during the night did most of it on the floor!) and then chewing doors etc. I'd love my buns inside but don't think I could hack it!

Well, our roger is about 4 months old and is not completely clean as he sometimes leaves droppings around (although only in the living room really). He never urinates anywhere axcept for in his hutch.
As far as chewing goes he is not too bad. He seems to like the taste of my wifes handbags but he OK with everything else, although he now and again likes a chew on the carpet. Overall its tollerable.

I've got 2 buns in the house..
We've had Bertie 15 months & he's as good as gold, he is so clean & never has any accidents.. Not saying he didn't when he was younger but now he's very good. He does chew now & then though but it's very rare...
Now theres Princess Molly we got her nearly 6 weeks ago from a rescue, she's very good she has an indoor cage in the Conservatory which is left open all the time she never makes any mess in there but when she comes into the living room she poos & wees in certain places! This is down to knowing bertie is in the Kitchen & she's not spayed yet( shes being done Tuesaday)
She doesn't chew anything really so she's good there.. As i speak she on the window sill best go & get her down..

Mine is great. He has only ever chewed the wallpaper which is a pain in rented accom. He has never weed or pood outside of his run and only ever leaves a few poos outside his litter tray (but always in the run.)

I do!! Trip :love:

He isnt a housebunny but is in everyday and is very good. He has never chewed anything, but I always bring his toys in for him to play with. He is litter trained. He can make a bit of mess eating those hay and alfafla cubes but that is it :D

I have noticed the only time he leaves droppings outside of his litter tray is when we have guests round and they go into the front room, but then its still only a few

But with the mess my girls make when they come in sometimes I dont think I could cope with that :shock: :roll:

They dont chew furniture or anything but chuck stuff about and will take their hay out of their basket and scatter it around the room. They will wee in their tray but leave droppings all over the place :lol:

Maisie chews anything and everything, Taz has a fondness for my bew skirting board :roll: but they are very clean, they have a litter tray in the corner of hte living room and in their cage, they never wee out of the tray, and only an occasional poo pellet can be seen rolling acros the floor :lol:

We've got 5 bunnies in the house - Gus was our first and had always been really really clean (but chewed everything). Once we got the other 4 though there's no stopping him leaving currants everywhere (although thankfully he never wees outside his litter tray). He grew out of chewing until we moved to this new house and now it addicted to newly plastered walls (thanks Gus for devaluing the house in record time)

Lola is really clean and never chews anything (apart from the edge of the settee once). Bracken doesnt chew but will wee in the corners of her pen (which is why she was on lino and will be again soon!).

Frida is 7 months old and not yet spayed and is a complete horror with the marking - poo everywhere night and day and you can follow her trail round the house - but she only wees in her tray (or sprays my legs). Doesnt chew a thing and i hope that spaying will sort her out.

Zeb is 3 months old and has started to leave currants around now but again uses his tray and hasnt chewed anything as yet apart from my toenails and my trousers :shock:

Incidentally the older 3 are all neutered and the younger two will be soon :)

And I have to hoover every night which is why my dyson is ready to pack in i think :lol:

Polly & Alfie - Father & daughter i got from Honeybunny are very clean :D

& Barley my French Lop X is ace - very good at using litter trays, but tears up paper, magazines & books :shock: :lol:

mine are more 'upstairs' bunnies but are both good as gold they only ever chew their chew toys and only toilet in their tray (odd poop goes on the floor next to the tray where they decide to sit in it backwards :roll: :lol: )
we did have a couple of 'incidents' of cable chewing but both were fixed and cables re-proofed and no attempts since :D they are even well behaved when they are brought downstairs (when the dogs are shut away) as downstairs isnt bunny proofed they are watched like hawks but never had any naughty attempts :D

Me me me :lol: :love:

Mango and Chutney are house bunsters and they'd never ever wee or poo outside their litter tray and wouldn't DREAM of chewing anything other than their toys :angel: :angel:

Jack and Milly are house bunnies. They live in the dining room part of the kitchen and never venture any futher because the dining room has carpet and the kitchen has laminate and they hate walking on it.

As for being messy they are very good. They have a lot of toys to play with and chew - a house from the cardboardguy website filled with 3 telephone books which Milly spends most of her time destroying. A box of shreded paper in which I hide treats which Jack spends most of the day searching for.

They occasionally drop dry pellets but apart from that they use their litter tray in their dog crate very well.

They have pulled the wallpaper off the walls but since we bought the house to do up and have yet to do the kitchen. They have also left chew marks in chairs legs but they are to adorable to get annoyed at!!

I think if you keep them occupied and litter train them then you shouldn't have too many problems. Keeping them in one area or one room of the house unless supervised is also a good idea. I would hate to think of the havoc they could create if they were completly free range!!

Asta doesn't chew anything apart from her toys.

She is completely free range, but sees her piece of vetbed (with litter tray, food bowl etc on it) as 'her space'. Only ever goes to the toilet in her tray, although we sometimes have the odd dropping on the vet bed. Never off it though.

She is an absolute angel. I'd like to get her a boyfriend, but if he was less well behaved, then they'd both have to go in a cage/run in the spare room. I think that'd be a shame for Asta. Feel bad for not getting her a man, but I'd feel worse if she had to go to the spare room ....

Evo's always been perfect with his litter tray, but he was a monster chewer when we first got him. He's not so bad with the chewing now, usually just chews the stuff that he's allowed, but sometimes he'll get a glint in his eye and take a chunk out of the furniture. :lol: I always wonder if o/h would have taken to him so much if he hadn't been so good with the litter tray. He hasn't done a poo or wee outside his cage since the day we got him.

Well you've all put me off having a house bunny, although I'm not houseproud we're spending a fortune doing up the house with new doors, carpets etc and I don't think the OH would be very happy about having them all chewed to bits!! I think I'll stick to outdoor bunnies and indoor piggies :D

Although a special needs toothless rabbit might get past the OH :wink:

Well Audrey is house bun from hell! :lol: I laugh, but sometimes it really can get quite stressful. She's pretty good at using her litter tray now but she will NOT stop chewing EVERYTHING in sight. Skirting boards are her favourite but I only realised she had chewed part way through the handle of one of my handbags earlier this week :censored: Luckily it isnt one I use often but still!

Im not really that houseproud but my boyfriend is. He really doesnt like Audrey because of her chewing. He quite liked Rowan- I never told him that he had begun to copy her!

Oh and shes chewed one of the kitchen chair legs :shock: - my boyfriend hasnt noticed yet. i think really she si not the ideal bunn to have indoors.

mandy said:
Well Audrey is house bun from ****! :lol: I laugh, but sometimes it really can get quite stressful. She's pretty good at using her litter tray now but she will NOT stop chewing EVERYTHING in sight. Skirting boards are her favourite but I only realised she had chewed part way through the handle of one of my handbags earlier this week :censored: Luckily it isnt one I use often but still!

Im not really that houseproud but my boyfriend is. He really doesnt like Audrey because of her chewing. He quite liked Rowan- I never told him that he had begun to copy her!

Oh and shes chewed one of the kitchen chair legs :shock: - my boyfriend hasnt noticed yet. i think really she si not the ideal bunn to have indoors.

Was she on her best behaviour when I met her then, she looked like an angel bunny :wink:

kayjay said:
mandy said:
Well Audrey is house bun from ****! :lol: I laugh, but sometimes it really can get quite stressful. She's pretty good at using her litter tray now but she will NOT stop chewing EVERYTHING in sight. Skirting boards are her favourite but I only realised she had chewed part way through the handle of one of my handbags earlier this week :censored: Luckily it isnt one I use often but still!

Was she on her best behaviour when I met her then, she looked like an angel bunny :wink:

:lol: i think she was! She's at her worst in the evenings :lol:

I do really love her though, despite her naughtiness :lol:

Whispy and Lilly are both house buns and are pretty much perfect!!!!!!

They only ever poo and wee in their litter trays and will run in to their dog crate to use the liiter tray when out on free time.

They do however, like to chew the coffee table legs....... i'm sure it will fall over one day the amount they have chewed off it!!! :roll:

I wouldn't have it any other way! :lol:

Back