• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns cheer you up ?

karen354

Warren Veteran
My mum is very ill & some days I feel so down I don't want to get out of bed.. My children make me feel happier but also my rabbits cheer me up so much..
These last few months they have really given me much more to think about, this forum I just love there is always someone on hand for some good advice..
Thanks everyone... .
Karen x x

Mine cheer me up no end! Especially Miffy. I talk to her when I'm giving her nose rubs and it's like she listens (I know she can't understand me but maybe she detects tone of voice?). She thumps and looks worried if Im crying as well, and she runs up to me for a fuss which makes me feel instantly better! :D She's such an angel! :love:

Sorry to hear your mum's not well :( Best wishes to you both.

AMETHYST

Hi Karen

Without my Bunnies I would have no life at all. They give me SO MUCH and I love each and every-bun dearly.
My now at The Bridge EXTRA SPECIAL Bun Jack literally saved my life....

I am sorry to hear that your Mum is so poorly. It must be a great worry for you

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
mandy said:
Im sorry your Mum isnt well Karen :(

Yes Audrey and my cat, Worm really cheer me up xx

Awwww how did Worm get his/her name!!!! :lol:

Janex

Erm....well she was a stray and very skinny when we adopted her...and wriggled around a lot :oops: :lol:

I :love: her very much.

My bunnies definately cheer me up. When you're feeling a bit poo and have had a bad day, its sooo nice to get home to someone who is actually really happy to see you, and the same in the morning.

Teddy and Bertie my 2 lionheads always do mini binkies and shake their heads when I walk in their room and say hello to them when I get home from work and its so nice, I feel really loved by them.

Then there is Benji my havana/rex boy and his 2 friends Sofia and Anastacia :love:
They always jump up at the cage bars when I walk past them, even when I;m not feeding them.

Benji is always doing it to say hello, even my boyfriend has started to say awww and talk to him when he walks past... but don't tell him I told y ou that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your Mum is better soon Karen and that bunnies continue to make you happy :D xxx

All my furries cheer me up. :D Each & everyone of them have their own little personalities & quirky little ways & i love them all for it. I love watching them, i love playing with them & i love cuddling up with them when i`m feeling down................... I could go on forever.....................................
I`m not confident with people so my animals really are my life, i don`t where i`d be without them. When i`ve been really down & felt like i can`t go on i`ve thought about my animals & know they need me.

Sorry, that turned into abit off a waffle didn`t it! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Best wishes to you mum,
Su.x

Sorry bout your mum. my bunnies usually cheer me up but Rory isnt well today so I have been a bit upset this morning, but I often sit and watch them rather than the tv
tracy

My animals are always cheering me up. They have their different ways of doing it and always make me smile, even when Im down. Im happy in my bubble with my animals, we talk about all sorts of things. My cuddlies are my best friends and I trust them. They give me a reason to get up, smile and get on with things I dont really feel I want and need to do. I love each and every one, so very much.

Human beings have hurt me alot in my past and Im at peace surrounded by my "Special People" Hope all that doesnt sound too silly :oops: They just mean the world to me. The ones Ive lost to The Bridge I think of everyday and I would do anything to have them all back here.

having struggled with depression last year, sometimes the only reason I would get out of bed was to see to the buns, but they would always make me smile :D They are my counsellors :D and they NEVER tell your secrets

tupperwarequeen said:
They are my counsellors :D and they NEVER tell your secrets

Aww :love: Very Sorry to hear about your Mum Karen :cry:, Buns are very special little people indeed, My Little Tills can always cheer me up, She looks after me when I'm sad too. When I was feeling poorley, Boo (Who was totally crazy, Never ever sat still!) Laid down next to me for ages, and snuggled into me ... :) X

without a doubt - moo-face cheers me up, theres one place in our bedroom that if i sit on the carpet she run's to sit by my side. she has to have me touching her - even if i just lay my hand on her back and don't move it - that will do ! she needs to be touched

cheer me up no end - some days they are much better company than humans!! (No offence meant!!)

Sue
xx

Thanks for all your replys... I agree what some of you say they are easier to deal with than humans.. :lol:

Absolutely. My day always starts well, as I love bunny feeding and mucking out time. I sit and watch them play and binky. Squidgy is my best friend though. We've been through so much together, and he loves me unconditionally. Fortunately my o/h loves them just as much as me.
Hope your mum feels better soon Karen.

Ted and Dougal always cheers me up when I feel down or stressed! They help with my uni work too! They are well educated bunnies, they know all about Freud and Marx! Although Dougal likes to eat my notes!

I love it when i get home from work and let the buns out to play, if i sit on the floor Whispy will come and sit by my side and read the paper with me! He even tries to turn the page over when he has finished trodding all over the page! :lol: it makes me laugh!

Lilly will lie infront of the tv and flop about, i'm sure she does it whilst saying 'mammy, daddy... look how cute i am when i do this.... or this... how about this??' i could watch them play all night! :love: :love:

I also love it when the other half talks to them as daft as i do! He loves them just as much !

Back