• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly bunny?

tracyuk

Mama Doe
Does anyopne know if rabbits have "off days"
Rory is not himself at all and I am very worried. He usually comes running in a morning when I feed them but today he just lay there, he was happy for me to cuddle him too which is strange. I am wondering if he has been eating, I have recently changed to Science Selective but he doesnt seem to like it. anyone else had this prob? Also I have some Pro Lapsis and wondered if anyone would suggest I give him some?
Please help I am so worried. :cry: :cry:
Tracy

I'd say get him to the vets asap. This is how Miffy was just when she got ill both times - first time we left it a day and it took her a week to get better, the second time we took her in as soon as we noticed and she only took 2 days to recover.

Even if it's nothing, you'll have peace of mind if you get him checked out. Good luck.

AMETHYST

If he isn't eating then there is a problem. I would take him to the Vets today. If you look at my post then it starts off pretty much the same as yours and my Rabbit is currently in Rabbit hospital. Do you know if he has eaten any hay/vedge?

Yes both, he was fine last night. I gave him a carrot which he ate no problem. He had a bad tummy Sat but i put that down to travelling and change of food, he has been fine since.
Tracy

I would say that if doesn't seem himself to take him to a vet today. I know when we changed Rusty over to SS it took a couple of days to get him to eat it. I'm sure someone will along soon who can give some more advice.

Lynette X

I will take him to the vets later if he doesnt perk up. I will try tempt him with some treats. The only time he has been like this was when he had his op.
read your thread, hows Rusty?
Tracy

He is still pretty bad. Just waiting on news from the vets still. Hope your Bun is ok, but if he isn't then if I were you i'd take him to the vets asap. Better to be safe then sorry.

He is still pretty quiet and i have offered him all of his fave treats but he isnt interested, anyway just got him some grass from the garden and he ate it all so going to wait till OH gets home this aft and see what he thinks. He has a playpen arriving today so that might cheer him up My other bun is fine so thats good news.
Tracy

MJ was a bit off for a couple of days last week, nothing much, just not running for his veg and food as he normally did although he didn't stop eating. He's fine now. Hope your bun is too x

kayjay said:
MJ was a bit off for a couple of days last week, nothing much, just not running for his veg and food as he normally did although he didn't stop eating. He's fine now. Hope your bun is too x
Thanks reading this has made me feel a bit better. He is very quiet but has just had some grass. His tummy isnt hard, his teeth, eyes, nose and bum are all fine so I am hoping he is just having an off day!
Tracy

UPDATE. Thought rory felt a bit cold so got him a hot matle bottle to shuggle with, also put some water in a syringe and went and got him som more grass. when I came in from the garden rory had eaten all his treats i had left him. Slice of carrot, a crisp, mint, rabbit and pineapple sweet . think he might have been having me on! He has also licked me which he always does but didnt do earlier.
Thanks for all advice
Tracy

Back