• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you seen this?

"Just to let you know this is not suitable for an outdoor cage as it has no protection from the elements and is far too small. You may want to rethink the use of the term 'large' when referring to rabbits living here as this is in fact very small for a rabbit cage. More suitable if the rabbit is free range indoors and spends very little time in the cage.

Sorry if this is not my place but I thought I should let you know all the same."

see what they say

buddabun said:
"Just to let you know this is not suitable for an outdoor cage as it has no protection from the elements and is far too small. You may want to rethink the use of the term 'large' when referring to rabbits living here as this is in fact very small for a rabbit cage. More suitable if the rabbit is free range indoors and spends very little time in the cage.

Sorry if this is not my place but I thought I should let you know all the same."

see what they say
Did you send them this message?
Tracy

Well I pray to god that most people will be able to work out that is not an outdoor cage!!! But you never know with some people! :p

I had one exactly the same for Sooty and Amber when they was indoors, but it was only a temporary measure, they now have a huge mansion and have more room than me to run about! :lol:

Definitely not somewhere a bunny would want to be kept in for long periods!

I have found an ebay shop in Germany that sells biggish indoor cages I think it is called zoo store. They have an indoor cage that is 140 cm long this is the biggest indoor cage I have been able to find on the internet and in pet shops. :)

Ive just checked on ebay and the one I ment was called zoo store! If you type in "rabbit 140" in the serch box some of the shops cages come up. Do you know of anywhere I can get an indoor cage that is bigger than 140 that isnt a dog crate? :)

Kim_w said:
Ive just checked on ebay and the one I ment was called zoo store! If you type in "rabbit 140" in the serch box some of the shops cages come up. Do you know of anywhere I can get an indoor cage that is bigger than 140 that isnt a dog crate? :)

is there any reason you don't want a dog crate? In terms of space they are the best value for money, much better than 'special' indoor cages which are not really great for a bunnies permanent residence

What do you put down as the flooring? At the moment I have one rabbit and he lives in an indoor cage in my bedroom the only time he is closed in it is when im asleep (im scared of squashing him when im asleep as he likes to get in bed with me!!) During the day I open the door on the front of his cage and he has the run of my bedroom. Im in the process of adopting a girlfriend for him from a rescue so am looking into a bigger cage for them both I have been thinking about puppy crated but wasnt sure what to use as the flooring as i use shavings in his cage but puppy crates dont have high sides, would a piece of carpet be ok? They will still only b closed in when im asleep and will out all the time when I move into my own flat hopefully next month!!!

Sorry about the essay!!!!! :D :lol:

I have seen people put carpet tiles in them or lino. I just have newspaper in mine and a door mat. They dont seem to mind.
bunnies002.jpg

Tracy

I have a litter tray in one corner, a cat bed pyramiddy thing in another corner, a plastic storage crate full of hay in another corner and hubby put 2 shelves in for me. I have a couple of pet blankets which go on the floor, but to be honest when they are in the wash they dont have anything on the floor and they dont seem to notice :roll: mine too are only in there at night, they are free range the rest of the time. As long as your buns are litter trained I'd say you'd be fine :wink:

That looks like a fun house!! My bun would love the ledge!! I will have to start shopping for an puppy crate instead of an indoor cage, the extra hight would be good for them as well, my bun is quite small but the rescue bun is a little fatty!!

Thankyou for your pic and advise :D :wink: :D

not a problem, I got the idea from here before I got my crate. It was really easy to put a self in too. Good luck!
Tracy

I have an indoor cage but it's never ever closed.. My little Molly only goes in it to use her litter tray & have a drink..
I wish now that I'd bought a dog crate I think it would of been a better idea..

Thankyou both for your advise I will have to start shopping for a puppy crate!! I think I was just being a bit one track minded toward having a shavings floor!! The ledge looks fun my bun would love that!!! The extra hight would be an advantage to me too as the bun I am hoping to get from the rescue (if the second bonding session goes well) is a little fatty!!!
:D

Back