• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A third Bunny

tracyuk

Mama Doe
Advice pleeeaaassseeee! I have two buns Rory and Lola who love each other sooooo much but I am broody and desperatly want a third bunny. My OH says no two is enough but I see the bunnies on RH and think I could offer one a loving forever home. What do you all think?
A) a home for poor little bunny
or
B) stay as we are and dont upset the apple cart?
Tracy :? :?

Sorry i cannot help as i am the same :oops: I have two boys in a large shed and would love two girls to go with them.The only problem is i don,t have anywhere else spare if they didn,t get on.I would also be terriified of my two boys falling out forever.
Not much help am i :?

You could find a rescue that does on site bonding so that if it dosnt work out you do not have the guilt complex of taking the bunny away and then having to return it. I think it would have to be another girl though.

Thats what I did when I bonded my two. Its Lola I am worried about, I think Rory will be fine. Its convincing my OH aswell, but I know if I just got one he would be cross at first but then ok with it.
Tracy

well I can't advise, I got Trinny from ARC intending to bond her with my group of 3. It didnt work out and then a little while later I got Smokie from Jill (Honeybunny) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jill was great though, she brought 3 buns, and we tried them all to see which one Trinny liked, it was like Goldilocks and the 3 bears, the first one was too randy, the second too aggressive, and the third was just right :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ahh, glas it worked out in the end. Did you have OH to convince, thats the tricky bit! :roll:
Tracy[/quote]

hubby is now used to me and my animals I think :roll:

When we first met ( I was 16) I had lots of bunnies, birds, fish and a dog, then when I went to nursing college I had to leave them behind. It was only when my youngest son was about 3 I figured I had the time and energy to start with the pets again, that was 2 and a bit years ago, we now have 7 permanent buns and 2 fosters (which he's been really good about) we did have a hammy but he went to the bridge, and older son was so upset we had to get rid of the cage and everything :cry:

aww thats the only thing, He acts all tough but he adores my two. I had two mice years ago and he had to take one to be PTS. Think it broke his heart, big softy. :roll: :lol:
He wants a dog but we are not home enough for a dog. At least bunnies can be enclosed and littertrained.
Tracy

tracyuk said:
He wants a dog but we are not home enough for a dog.
Tracy

my hubby would like a dog too I think, but same goes for us, actually he dotes on the bunnies and treats them more than I do...hence he gets more snuggles than me :shock:

Aww, big softee. You are talking me into getting a third, I will blame you when I come home with one. What your address I will send him round :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tracy

tracyuk said:
Advice pleeeaaassseeee! I have two buns Rory and Lola who love each other sooooo much but I am broody and desperatly want a third bunny. My OH says no two is enough but I see the bunnies on RH and think I could offer one a loving forever home. What do you all think?
A) a home for poor little bunny
or
B) stay as we are and dont upset the apple cart?
Tracy :? :?

This is my dilemma too Tracy. I've two bonded buns, Floss and Bournville who are devoted to each other .I've got a "Foster" (haha!!) bun who's melted my heart and I want to bond her with the two, but am worried about it. Some people have suggested I get another rescue bun to bond with the foster bun and so have 2 bonded pairs, but eventually I'd like to have a shed with attached run for them and so would end up having to bond them all together to go in a much bigger shed...and so it goes on.... :?

This is my dilemma too Tracy. I've two bonded buns, Floss and Bournville who are devoted to each other .I've got a "Foster" (haha!!) bun who's melted my heart and I want to bond her with the two, but am worried about it. Some people have suggested I get another rescue bun to bond with the foster bun and so have 2 bonded pairs, but eventually I'd like to have a shed with attached run for them and so would end up having to bond them all together to go in a much bigger shed...and so it goes on.... :?[/quote]
it is difficult, you really could go on forever. If I got a third how long before the fourth :lol:
Tracy

I have 3 unbonded buns( 1 is a foster).. I am hoping to bond my 2 house buns but so nervous about it :( but I'll get there hopfully..
My foster bun lives in an outdoor shed & large run way to big for one bun, so you can imagine what I'm thinking now cant u ?

karen354 said:
I have 3 unbonded buns( 1 is a foster).. I am hoping to bond my 2 house buns but so nervous about it :( but I'll get there hopfully..
My foster bun lives in an outdoor shed & large run way to big for one bun, so you can imagine what I'm thinking now cant u ?
Oh yes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tracy

Have you thought about fostering? It might be more appealing to your OH as your not making a long term (7-10yr) commitment and you can stop whenever you like.

There are up and down sides e.g. the rescue usually covers costs like vet bills but you do have to give the bunny back. Fostering is a great way to help out rescues and add to your bunny numbers without making big commitments though :)

Tam

Thanks Tamsin. I have thought about that but in the long term. I was hoping to foster lots eventually as there isnt a foster close to us. I think if I fostered one I would bond and would worry if it were to be rehomed.
Tracy

From the sound of this thread we are not very good at fostering! :lol: They seem to end up being more long term ..... I'm feeling sad at the idea of Frazer going already and he's only been with me 10days or so!

I'm getting sad thinking of Fudge going to someone else( r.e 6 bunnies needs homes Elaine Mannchester)
I've had him since New years eve & I'm thinking if I get this sad,unloved bun to enjoy his life & be happy hoe can I let him go ? If I don't find him a home though I can't help out with fostering again.

Back