• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge injured in fight....U/D She's home!!

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
Little Smudge Has been injured by the buns she's lived with for 5 months.

We were planning to have her spayed at the end of the month, cos she has been humping the others the last week or so. But today, we were checking her over and she'd got a approx 3cm gaping hole in the skin on her abdomen. A section of skin is gone completely and you can see her muscle underneath holding her intestines in. Sorry for the detail.

Anyway, got her seen straight away at the vet and she's booked in for surgery tomorrow. Vet thinks he'll have to cut a lot of the skin back to be able to suture it, and he's going to spay her at the same time. Vet also said it's going to set us back almost £200!!!

Lots of vibes needed for a speedy recovery............

...........................................................................................................

Smudge is home!! She's quiet but everything went well. She's got a tiny wound from her spay, and about a 5/6cm long area where her wound was sutured. She's had some painrelief, maxalon and she's got a course of oral baytril. Vet has let me pay half of the money today and the rest at the end of the month, which is a big relief.

Nicola

Oh, no hope she's ok. And poor you, £200 just after Christmas isn't good :( Sending vibes for a quick recovery, hope her spay goes well

My goodness... poor Smudge and poor you, what a dreadful shock :( Bunny skin just tears so easily, just the littlest nips just seem to lead the most horrible wounds. I guess one of the other buns just got a bit cross with her humping :(

Sending lots of vibes for the little lady :love:

Will you bond her with the other buns again once she has recovered from her spay?

Will you bond her with the other buns again once she has recovered from her spay?

Yes, but we may pair her with Grace first, cos Grace is still on her own. And then bond a 2 and 2 together.

Moonshine and Flopsy have been really mopey and lethargic today. They really looked like they were missing Smudge.

Nicola

Back