• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two boys!!!!!!!

Amsy1991

Mama Doe
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=7220

I think i may be giving them a holiday...a guinea-bun swap.

Chloe(Chloaster) and i may be swaping my piggies for her 2 boys this weekend!I now have a larger hutch so its easier!A little holiday ouldn't hurt anybun(pig). :lol: :D

Amy
xxxx

PS...I didn't want to make another post...but can you bond piggies and rabbits at around 2yrs old???Just curious...! :D :oops:

Hiya

I assume you mean pigs and rabbits to live together not pigs to pigs and buns to buns? If so then pigs and rabbits should never live together, the risk of injury just isn't worth it, a pig can easily be seriously injured just by being in the wrong place when a bun kicks his legs out and rabbits have been injured by pig bites too I believe.

Enjoy your new pets!

GemmaH said:
Hiya

I assume you mean pigs and rabbits to live together not pigs to pigs and buns to buns? If so then pigs and rabbits should never live together, the risk of injury just isn't worth it, a pig can easily be seriously injured just by being in the wrong place when a bun kicks his legs out and rabbits have been injured by pig bites too I believe.

Enjoy your new pets!

Yes its a good thing i don't have rabbits then(um no sorry i mean its a good thing i won't bond any rabbits with my guinea pigs! :oops: )When i let my piggies go on holiday once.(no names)the lady once put them in a run with rabbits but they were fine.Is that a risk?

Amy
xxxx

I think the more space they have the less chance there is of any accidents occuring, from what I can gather it is usually accidental, and I know some people who house them seperately but exercise them together, the rescue I got my first pigs from had them in a run area together, it just depends if you are willing to take the risk I guess :? !

GemmaH said:
I think the more space they have the less chance there is of any accidents occuring, from what I can gather it is usually accidental, and I know some people who house them seperately but exercise them together, the rescue I got my first pigs from had them in a run area together, it just depends if you are willing to take the risk I guess :? !

Yes they wern't housed together.Just exersised together.

I don't have any bunnies so i am not going to try to bond them :oops: but i was just...wondering.Incase i ever got any buns.Thanks so much for the info! :D

Amy
xxxx

This does all sound a bit confusing!! :lol: Seb and Cole (the two boys) live with their Mum and Dad at the mo and, as they are getting a bit older and Jill is going to rehome the four of them through Honeybunnys, Mum is going in for her spay on friday so Amy is looking after the two boys for me so Jenny can have a bit of quiet and tlc with her hubby whilst she recovers. I am looking after Pearl and Misty so Amy can spend lots of time with the boys and get them used to different people and situations so they will not find it so hard when they are rehomed!
The others are right though Amy, you shouldn't have rabbits and piggies living together as not only is there the possibility that the rabbits might accidentaly hurt the pigs but also rabbits can carry bacteria that causes no problems for them but can be harmful to the piggies if they catch it. - Something I didn't know til I joined this forum!

Its pasturella isnt it? Rabbit carry it in their lungs but in most cases it causes no ill effects however GP immune systems are not strong enough to deal with it in the same way.

Back