• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Benny!

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

We have decided to bring Benny inside so he can be a house bun and have some company now that Alice has passed away. At the moment he's in our spare room in an indoor hutch with free range of the house when we're in. When we're out, I shut him in so he can't do any damage.

Thing is, last night (1st night) he started flinging his toys around and ripping paper at 3am. I got up to see what was the matter and he was happy as anything destroying his new hutch. I don't want to take his toys out because he loves them so do I persevere and hope that he's a bit quieter tonight or do I put him back outside in Alice's massive hutch before he loses his winter coat?

I think he's liking being inside with us though, he's really nosey and loves peering into whatever room we're in!

Keep him indoors whilst he is alone, he is only checking things out. How would you like your toys taken away :( another option would be to have a quieter set for night time :wink:

When I had Trip living in my room for a month, I found he was quite noisy at night.

What I did was switch his toys. At night I gave him things like seagrass mats, cardboard tubes filled with hay and like twig ball things. Then in the day I gave him his heavier toys that he liked to chuck around the room like the wooden rattles, pine cones and baskets of chew sticks.

Well, Benny was quiet as a mouse last night!! I took his rattle and jingly toys out and gave him some quieter ones and he didn't make a sound to wake us up.

I think he must have heard me say that he'd be back outside if he wasn't quieter!!!

I think he's loving being inside with stuff to look at and places to wander. We're packing to move house at the moment and he's getting into everything.

Gemma

Back