• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch wanted, but what to do with the old one?

Ali - Loki

Young Bun
A belated New Year to everyone!

I want to buy Loki a new larger hutch (I bought his current one, before I knew about this forum and I have realised that it is much to small for him to be in all day while I am at work), but my O/H is not happy as the hutch we have at the moment is only 4 months old and is fully kitted out with a hutch hugger etc! As the hutch is almost new I don't really want to just throw it away, but I'm not sure what to do with it and the O/H has said that we can't get a new one until we can find a place for the old one (unreasonable I know!). Does anyone have any ideas? It's quite small at 122L 43D and 47H, but it seems a shame to just throw it out - probably perfect for a guinea pig... :?:

Its a good idea.

Or are you thinking of getting a guinea pig-you haven't lived if you don't have one-you could use it for that??? :oops: :D

Hmm you could search on the Rabbit Rehome site for bunnies.Thjen find a rescue and give it to them??? :oops: :shock:

Amy
xxxx

What about either selling it or asking if a rescue would like it ? There is a lot of people on here fostering buns, I bought my hutch for foster buns.

Could you use it as a shelter in a run? or attatched to a run. Certainly a rescue which deals with piggies may be able to find a use for it.

Why don't you keep it and buy another similar sized one and attach the two together to make one big hutch

Piggies.... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :oops: :D :wink: 8)

Oh yeah sorry... :oops: :shock: :wink:

They are good idea's,you have a big variety to choose from.
(I still suggest get a piggy though! :oops: :D :wink: :lol: )

Amy
xxxx

piggies, plural as they need friends :wink: :D

I gave my old hutch to a rescue, and they really benefitted from it as they had a lot in. I'd definetly try a rescue, how small is it?

Reuse it for piggies
Modify it to make it big enough for bunny
give it to a rescue or fosterer
sell it
give it away on freecycle

That's all I can think of for now. :)

jrn1310 said:
Could you use it as a shelter in a run? or attatched to a run. Certainly a rescue which deals with piggies may be able to find a use for it.
I did that with the hutch I bought in preparation for the cute little lionhead...I had a senior moment and thought she'd be a dwarf bun!!! Don't ask..i'm better now :wink: I went out and bought a bigger one and the small one is used as a luxury shelter in the garden run! Problem solved :lol:

Back