• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit playhouse suggestions

bissli

Alpha Buck
Hiya, I'm new! I have two buns, a female french lop named Pumpkin and have just adopted a 1 year old male bun named Fuzznut. I did have a bun named Pip who was bonded to Pumpkin but he died out of the blue about a month ago and I've never really known why since he didn't show any signs of illness at the time (eating well, pooing well, drinking normally, active etc). It was really upsetting and I keep wondering whether there was something I could have done to prevent it.

I really didn't want to keep a lone bun so I looked around for the right companion for Pumpkin, and Fuzznut popped up and he is perfect.

Pumpkin and Fuzznut are not bonded and are not together yet as Fuzznut needs to be nuetered. I am hoping to start bonding them a couple of weeks after he's been seen to.

Anyway, my reason for posting is that I've just ordered the Walton's Poppy playhouse for them and would like advice on how to turn it into a lovely bunny home. Have any of you got playhouses already and have any tips? I've got lino to line it with, but that's it so far :rabbit2:

I think you need to wait more than a couple of weeks after having him neutered before you try bondng if pumpkin hasnt been spayed. When I got Trip done my vet told me he would still be fertile for 6 weeks

cant wait to see pics of your buns :D

Thanks spacegirl, lots of good stuff there! I could look at those pics forever!

Sillyrabbit, she's spayed so it should be OK. My biggest concern is violence, especially as she's quite a bit bigger than him. Although niether of them seem violent in the slightest, you never know. It's going to be quite a slow process I think.

I will get pics up asap. I did have some on my comp but seem to have deleted them for some reason! doh!

I wouldnt worry about the size difference my girl is bigger than my little boy. When I bonded them the first time they got on pretty much straight away.

Unfortunatly we had people come to stay at the last minute and I had to seperate them. When I tried bonding again it just didnt work out. I wish I had left them together the first time :(

Even though my girl is bigger and quite stroppy sometimes, it was my smaller and more laid back bun that was attacking her whenever he got a chance. And my girl wasnt even really fighting back that much she kept trying to lick his ears :roll:

Back