PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit on ebay- SURREY Help?

Azraelm
02-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Just seen this on theguineapigforum- from the very careful wording of the ad it looks like bun goes too :x

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-wooden-Rabbit-hutch-for-sale-one-day-listing_W0QQitemZ120070905995QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63 513QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone take him/her BEFORE we report it to Ebay? its only a one day listing.

Steph
02-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Poor bun wish I was closer :cry:

baileydonut
02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Poor little bun only has some newspaper - i hope theres loads of bedding behind the bit we can't see. Do you think theres anything in the top one? Seller refers to looking after hutches plural. Am too far to help i am afraid.

luvabun
02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
The best thing about those hutches is the bolts :cry: :cry: I'm in Surrey so could pick up the bun but could not keep it as I have 4 already in 2 bonded pairs

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm in Surrey so could pick up the bunny or bunnies but only have three indoor cages and could only keep them a few days.

Will be happy to help re. pickup etc. as well - let me know and we'll be there!

AMETHYST

Spacegirl
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh dear - it doesn't sound very good!
Sounds like they just want rid - at 99p maybe someone can offer to just take them. I suspect this person is just too lazy to go to the dump even with the hutch :x

Azraelm
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
What really annoys me about this, is what if someone bid on it not really reading between the lines and only wanted the hutches! What would happen to bunn then? :x

I just messaged her to ask for details of the rabbit, could someone take the rabbit in if Amethyst looks after him/her for a few days?

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
What really annoys me about this, is what if someone bid on it not really reading between the lines and only wanted the hutches! What would happen to bunn then? :x

I just messaged her to ask for details of the rabbit, could someone take the rabbit in if Amethyst looks after him/her for a few days?

I could probably do it a bit longer than just a few days if someone needed to free up space first or we were waiting on someone or something. Basically I'll take them for as long as needed, but it won't be forever as the indoor cages aren't really big enough for an adult rabbit (they're minimum size).

AMETHYST

Spacegirl
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I suspect though much better than the rabbits other options :cry:

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I suspect though much better than the rabbits other options :cry:

Precisely :cry:. That's why I'll do whatever necessary.

AMETHYST

cannonwoman
02-01-2007, 06:56 PM
:(

janice
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
If someone could take it in, I will have space for this poor rabbit after 11th January.

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
If someone could take it in, I will have space for this poor rabbit after 11th January.

I can take the rabbit until 11th, no problem.

AMETHYST

janice
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM

I can take the rabbit until 11th, no problem.

AMETHYST

Brilliant, thanks, can I leave it with you then?

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Brilliant, thanks, can I leave it with you then?

I'll try my best!

AMETHYST

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
I have asked the seller about rabbit details as well. I'd ask that nobody places any bids - I'll bid at the very last second.

AMETHYST

luvabun
02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I have asked the seller about rabbit details as well. I'd ask that nobody places any bids - I'll bid at the very last second.

AMETHYSTfingers crossed and good luck with the bidding

janice
02-01-2007, 07:26 PM

AMETHYST

If you leave it until the auction has finnished, then mail her and offer to take the bunny off their hands! They will probably gladly give it way for free then.

Spacegirl
02-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Personally I would bid just in case someone else sneaks in at the last minute.

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 07:34 PM

AMETHYST

If you leave it until the auction has finnished, then mail her and offer to take the bunny off their hands! They will probably gladly give it way for free then.

Yeah, good thinking. Also, if there are any bids I can always mail the seller, offer more and collect earlier.

AMETHYST

Spacegirl
02-01-2007, 07:51 PM

AMETHYST

Yeah, good thinking. Also, if there are any bids I can always mail the seller, offer more and collect earlier.

AMETHYST

Seller might not want to do this as she has 100% feedback and that would be against the rules if someone else had won the auction.

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Seller might not want to do this as she has 100% feedback and that would be against the rules if someone else had won the auction.

Good point. Okay, I'll check last minute and bid if anyone else does.

AMETHYST

Dobbin
02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Its been removed!

Sue
xx

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
That's fine, it's all in hand. Don't want to say any more right now but seems to be okay - don't fret! :-)

AMETHYST

Amsy1991
02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh gosh just read this post.Has Amethyst got the bun? :oops: :? :cry:

capel
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
:shock: HOLDING MY BREATH IN ANTICIPATION

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Oh gosh just read this post.Has Amethyst got the bun? :oops: :? :cry:

Not yet, awaiting a reply from the seller. Sent a reply to my first email quickly, but then removed the listing and hasn't replied to my email back. I'll keep trying but I don't want to seem desperate and drive them off... Yeesh.

I'll try my best guys.

AMETHYST

powab
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Maybe Ebay removed the advert? I thought they had rules against selling animals/livestock on Ebay?

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Maybe Ebay removed the advert? I thought they had rules against selling animals/livestock on Ebay?

She wasn't obviously selling the rabbit. The listing was very cleverly worded. I asked whether the rabbit came with it and she said no, but she was trying to rehome the bunny and would I take it for free. I said yes, asked if we could collect tomorrow and requested house number and postcode, no reply yet.

AMETHYST

powab
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Well I hope the seller isn't that callous, but some people do think animals can just be disregarded and not have a second thought for them :cry:

Maybe some good will come from all of this and the bunny will find a loving home. :P

Dobbin
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Some people are just unbelievable.

Well done for rescuing the bun though

Sue
xx

Azraelm
02-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Amethyst,
Ive just had a chance to check my e-mails and this is the reply from the seller. I just asked her the age and sex of the rabbit and didnt mention anything about ebays policy:

Hi Dear I sell on ebay only 2 huches with all stuff,because I can sell any animal on eBay by policy.If you win this auction and come to collect items you also will receive this beautifull girl rex 8/10 weeks old for free.Thank you

It concerns me a bit that giving the rabbits age that she is a breeder and is actually just selling a rabbit? I guess the bunn still needs rescuing though, if she is prepared to auction her on ebay :x

Amethyst
02-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Hmm yes, I got this:

Hi Dear,Thank you for your question,as you know to sell animal on eBay restricted and I sell hutchs and all what you see on photo(ALL STUFF).I will be very glad if you just take for free this rex girl 8/10 weeks old.thank you

I think she wanted people to bid and then take the rex for free. Reinforced by my offer to just take the rex and subsequent lack of reply. :? What should we do now that the listing has been removed?

AMETHYST

Spacegirl
02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Email her again and say, again, is it alright to collect the rabbit tommorrow?

Azraelm
02-01-2007, 11:46 PM
I wonder if its worth asking if she is a breeder first?

But as she is going to let her go for free then I guess take her as it doesnt sound as though the owner is at all bothered what happens to her- shes offered her to you without any questions!! :roll:

Spacegirl
02-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Breeders don't usually sell/give the hutches away too do they?
My gut reaction is this rabbit needs out and if you can get it then do. Jill has offered a place in a week or two hasn't she?

janice
02-01-2007, 11:48 PM
You still have the email address which is the most important thing. She knows she cannot advertise the hutches on their again with the rabbit in it. I would email her saying you just want the rabbit, you are not too worried about the hutches. She can easily readvertise the hutches (which she knows she can) and possibly sell them, Ebay wil watch her for a while to see if the rabbit gets put back on their again.

Good luck

Azraelm
02-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Yes i think Spacegirl is right- it would be helping her Amethyst if you can get her. Fingers crossed x

janice
02-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Breeders don't usually sell/give the hutches away too do they?
My gut reaction is this rabbit needs out and if you can get it then do. Jill has offered a place in a week or two hasn't she?

I cannot remember Jill offering. I have offered to have her but wont have space after 11th, I have one booked to go out after being paired up on that day, if that hutch does not become empty she can go into the piggie shed until I get a double storey hutch empty for her.

Janice

Spacegirl
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Sorry Janice - it was you. Getting my J's confused!

janice
03-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Sorry Janice - it was you. Getting my J's confused!

Thats ok, I think Jill is as full up as we are at the moment. If this is definately a little girl, I probably have a little boy she can be paired up with.

Amethyst
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I think we may already have a home lined up for her but let's just see if we can get her first! :) I've emailed the seller again saying that I really would like the little rex girl and saying I can collect her any evening this week. Fingers crossed. :?

AMETHYST

Amethyst
03-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Update: Still no email from the seller. I think we lost her. :(

AMETHYST

Amsy1991
03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Oh no thats terrible.I can't believe what the seller is doing.I really hope she contacts you.They poor bunny. :shock: :(

Amethyst
05-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay I just spoke to the seller after they sent me a message with their phone number. They are definitely a breeder, and not a great one by the sounds of things. They were talking about selling hutches and then offering the rabbit for free to anyone who wanted one. :evil: I asked if I could just have the rabbit, and they said that I should call them back in an hour for a "quote". :evil: Definitely a breeder and as horrible as it is for these poor bunnies I can't justify giving them a penny of my money.

GRRRRR SOME PEOPLE MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

AMETHYST

Azraelm
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
How awful :evil:

i think you've done the right thing tho

cannonwoman
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Call her back for a quote?! :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Su.x

Amethyst
05-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Call her back for a quote?! :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My thoughts exactly. I mean... why?!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

AMETHYST

Dobbin
05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
:shock: :evil: :evil:

sue
xx