• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where is the strangest place you've taken your rabbit?

woodstock

Mama Doe
I can't remember who, but I saw the post about their bunnies going to see Santa before Christmas... which go me thinking - where is the strangest place you have taken your bunny?

The two that stick out for me are:
1. the park. Where I used to live, the garden wasn't very big and it was all paved, so I used to put the buns leads on and take them to a park or bit of grass at the end of the road with the O/H... Decided that was a bad idea after a while because they didn't cut the grass enough, and the buns had a spate of ticks.
2. On top of the Ferry to the isle of wight. Going on holiday with the buns to my Dad's house on the Island. Instead of leaving the buns in the car, we took them up to the top deck (only place you can take pets onboard), put them on their harnesses, and let them roam. It was almost dark, and very cold, so it was only us up there (except for the smokers), and the buns scooted around on the floor, and they even jumped up on the seats and ran around :lol:. I think we caused a bit of confusion for the captain! Even so, we still managed to attract a couple of children (who ofcourse had to be told not to try and grab the buns :roll: )

I had a bun who needed regularly syringe feeding at work with me once.
Chewed through my phone cable :shock:

Angie65 said:

Blimey - where do you work? :lol: I couldn't imagine bringing a bun to work with me!
Now how did you explain that to your boss? or did you replace it and not say anything? :lol:

woodstock said:
Angie65 said:

Blimey - where do you work? :lol: I couldn't imagine bringing a bun to work with me!
Now how did you explain that to your boss? or did you replace it and not say anything? :lol:

I am the Boss :wink: :lol:

:lol:

Never taken my bunnies anywhere unusual, except i carried dusty to my friends house in my arms once! (only a 2 minute walk :wink: )

But after taking Alfie (my guinea pig) to the vets the other day we stopped off to get milk on the way home and we popped into next to look in the sale! With Alfie happily munching away in his carrier :lol: we got some funny looks!

Audrey and Rowan ( :( ) have been into work with me twice, to coincide with vet appointments.

My bosses are very kind and they just spent the day in the kitchen.

Probably the strangest place Ruby and Millie have been is down my old house (my parents rent it out) while I was helping clean it. We let them free range in the garden all day because it is escape proof, they had so much fun binkying about and sleeping in the flower beds! :lol: :D

Not my bun but his daddy, and my rats... used to go to the pub!

We used to have monthly meetings and all take our small furries, mice, hamsters, gerbils, rats, sugar gliders, bunnies! :D :D :D

Hospital!!!!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well the hospital garden anyway.
Digby, my cashmere coated frenchie needs regular grooming & mark`s not very confident handling the giants so when i was in hospital he`d bring him to the hospital so i could groom him, got all the other patients talking! :D

Su.x

Oliver's been to a nursing home as a therapy bun, and to a Kids Care meeting with the rescue I volunteer with to teach everyone about bunnies :D

The only place I've been able to take Blaise was the vets and the back yard :roll:

Leah xx

When Thumper was ill some years ago he spent 4 days at work with me. My manager insisted that he was kept in her office and was allowed out several times a day for a run around. She also took great delight in hand feeding him bits of grape while he sat on her desk. He was so well behave that the head of the department spent half an hour in her office and didn't even notice he was there!!!

One day he forgot his litter training and left a small puddle on her office carpet. With a wry smile as she did so, she asked one of the cleaning ladies if they could remove the stain left where she had 'spilled her cup of tea'. Brilliant manager, shame she retired.

Ange

Thumpinbun said:
When Thumper was ill some years ago he spent 4 days at work with me. My manager insisted that he was kept in her office and was allowed out several times a day for a run around. She also took great delight in hand feeding him bits of grape while he sat on her desk. He was so well behave that the head of the department spent half an hour in her office and didn't even notice he was there!!!

One day he forgot his litter training and left a small puddle on her office carpet. With a wry smile as she did so, she asked one of the cleaning ladies if they could remove the stain left where she had 'spilled her cup of tea'. Brilliant manager, shame she retired.

Ange

Wow! :shock: If only all bosses were as understanding!

AMETHYST

can't remember who, but I saw the post about their bunnies going to see Santa before Christmas... which go me thinking - where is the strangest place you have taken your bunny?
:lol: That was me!
Hmmm strangest places I have taken my bunnies,, ....
well the last place they went was to see Santa Clause , and that was both of them, but when I first got the animal buggy I took snowflake to the polling station to vote in the elections lol

votingbunny030.jpg

I might take them to church sometime to - they have a nice garden size area that would be safe for them to run around :) which they woul like - when its a bit nicer weather though.

Not strange but when I was bonding Flopsy, Charlie, Sam and Cindy we got invited to our friends for dinner so I took them along in a box and they sat with us while we had chinese.

Angie65 said:
woodstock said:
Angie65 said:

I am the Boss :wink: :lol:

That would work! :lol:

wow - what a variety of places!

Now I don't know if my buns would like to go to hospital, but i'm sure they could be convinced by the pub, and seeing santa!

Did snowflake get to vote? :lol:

I'd had Alfred to the vets for a check up, and decided to go straight to the stables to see the horses.

I took him out of his carrier, in one of the stables, and held him up to Apache, it was a real kodak moment, as they both plucked up the courage to sniff each other at the same time, and sort of rubbed noses.

(horses are prey animals like rabbits, and also have the flight / fight response, I do also trust Apache as he is always very gentle with small animals, although I didn't risk letting Alfred loose!).

Apart from that Alfred quite often pops round to my parents house with me, and is ever so good, just hops around and takes the odd grape from my Mum.

Jx

To the door of Harrods - after picking up Adele from ARC I had her and Cosmos in the carrier and OH wanted to pop into Harrods so I waited outside with them - they weren't allowed in - bet Paris Hilton's dog would have been!!

Adele just went to stay with my parent's for a week in their summer house - where my dad fussed over her like mad and nearly had a heart attack when he spotted her wee was red ( :oops: forgot he is a first time bunny carer - at least he didn't ring the vets in a panic like I did the first time).

I have also transported rabbits that have visited several motorway services, garden centres and P@H car parks in their travels.

Caz

not the bunnies but the piggies - last feb when rosie was very ill after a dental (she was nearly 7 at the time) we were going away with donna & jon and another couple for a boozy weekend in whitby

the minibus driver came for us and i realised i couldnt leave rosie & gizmo for my mum to come round and feed as she was so weak. so i begged the driver to let me take the piggies and he said yes! they bickered all the way to whitby (in the cat carrier) and spent the rest of the weekend in the cat carrier. i had to go back every few hours to syringe feed her, bless her :)

still we had a great weekend and gail and my friends still remind me of it now even though rosie sadly died after another dental in the summer

Back