• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mayas tear duct flushing - brillliant news

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
:D We saw a different vet at the practice about two weeks ago and he changed Mayas eyedrops. The vet was really impressed with the improvement.

Mayas Right tear duct is the eye that the vet was worried about. The one he said the tear duct may have collapsed. Mark wanted to try and flush both tear ducts just to check. Usually, Maya is taken out the back and they flush them out there, but Mark asked me to hold on to Maya. Mark was really impressed with his right tear duct. It dribbled a little outta his nose. So there is some hope for his right tear duct.

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YUCKY STUFF!!!....

His left tear duct was perfect. Mark squirted the stuff in his tear duct and it flew out Mayas nose :lol: :lol:

Mark was really happy, and was so glad that Maya was such a great patient. He never wiggled even with yucky stuff coming through his nose.

Going back again when the eye drops have finished. Fingers crossed Mayas tear ducts improve more. :D :D :D

Oh - that sounds good. You'll have to keep us posted on progress.

Egg is going for her duct to be flushed this afternoon, but i'm wondering if it's her teeth causing the problems as her sister had to go back to the vets about once a month as they repeatedly blocked up again :(

I have a bunny with this problem. what eye drops are you using? My bun is on tiacil. he has his tear ducts flushed regularly but i also think his problem is teeth.

Maya is on tiacil too. Seems to have done wonders for him. He is looking ten times happier too, and even ventured away from his normal spot this evening, when i put his drops in!!

Back