• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

two bunnies at vets tomorrow

honey

Alpha Buck
after a good 2006 with no real bunny health problems, 2007 isn't starting well. little guinea is having a dental tomorrow - she normally goes 3 months but her last one was only 6 weeks ago :( she's getting on a bit and is quite small, it's becoming a real worry.

then over xmas i noticed cookie's eye looked a bit odd - he had a third eyelid. popped him to the vets thinking i was being paranoid and the vet said it's most likely either an abscess or a tumour behind the eye. he's been on strong antibiotics and is back tomorrow for a check up and to decide what to do next. he's been a little sweetheart - so good at having his medicines and is fine in himself but i hate to think what he may have to go through :(

these things always seem to happen at once :roll:

well guinea is fine and back with her friends :D she also ate a leaf of spring green while she was there which was a bit of a suprise as i've spent the lat year grating her greens every night since she had her incisors removed :oops: :roll: :lol:

cookie's eye is no better though, it seems more likely that it's a tumour than an abscess. we've decided that as he's in no discomfort to leave it a while before removing the eye (and whatever's behind it) as the vet said most tumours in this area are benign. i have to keep a close eye on him and take him back when there's any change :(

Back