• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jill's foster buns-vets given post op ok!

chloaster

Warren Veteran
I've copied and pasted this from another thread so I can update it easier.....
chloaster said:
Just a quick update .... All five buns are settled with me for now. Jill has already had a Buttons and Rocky through Honeybunnys so have renamed Rocky Frazer and Buttons is now Pebbles. Have called the baby dutch Laila - awaiting an ok from Jill that she hasn't had a Laila already!!

Frazer is being treated with eye ointment for his sticky eyes but the concerning thing is that he has a lump on his neck - the vet is treating it as an absess for now but going back Sat for another check having had him on antibiotics for the last week. Pebbles is not pregnant as far as the vet can tell, just very overweight. The other three are ok. All five buns are nervous and not keen on being handled but only Trixie is actually agressive, biting my sleeve and holding on but she is getting better. I tried them on A & P but they were used to mix so had to go to pet shop and get some mix ( :oops: ) but they seem to have given SS the ok so am gradually weaning them onto that - Frazer is completely happy with SS now, he didn't eat or drink anything except a couple of bits of carrots for the first couple of days but is chomping madly on hay now. Here's a few pics of them......

Frazer (Robust 3year old, slightly over weight ginger lop)

CIMG7181.jpg

Simba (Slightly over weight 3year old, harlequin lop x)

CIMG7166.jpg

Trixie (18 month old, slightly over weight, black and white dutch)

CIMG7170.jpg

Laila (13 week old black and white dutch)

CIMG7172.jpg

Pebbles (18 month old, very over weight!, chocolate and white dutch)

CIMG7176.jpg

I'm so excited!! When I went to feed and water this morning Pebbles was downstairs with Laila and stayed put even when I put my size6 pink wellies in there!! I didn't see her voluntarily leave the bedroom til a couple of days ago and now she's downstairs!! This is so great, she's been so nervous and hiding for a week so to see her downstairs - sorry - keep repeating myself but did I mention I am so excited!! :oops:

The others are all doing fine and are totally weaned off the naff mix onto SS. Frazer is on Baytril for his lump which the vet has said she is going to remove on the 5th Jan when he goes in for his op, and his eyes are loads better too. He doesn't eat a lot of pellets but enjoys his hay and loves greens. He's not overly keen on being picked up but still does the saft flop when you pick him up. (Photo just cos he looks so cute!)

CIMG7185.jpg

Simba is losing the excess weight she had, is still very nervous but will allow you to stroke her in her bedroom and is ok in your arms once there. She too is a greens lover and is happy with her SS and is the cleanest rabbit I have! Uses her litter tray all the time!

Trixie is still a right little madam although I can now put her food bowl down infront of her without danger of losing skin which is great! :D She too is losing the excess weight and enjoying her space.

Laila is a little madam in the making! :roll: She has taken space as her own and isn't keen on anyone invading it. She has shown hints of agression although being only about 13weeks old they are baby attempts - not that I intend to move any slower when I see the nails coming! I think Sally has a similar problem with Wattle and as Jill said hopefully once spayed she will calm down.

Pebbles was the f*t girlie, but having had the vet confirm she is not pregnant she has since slimmed down loads so all (except Laila) are going in for their ops on the 5th and once healed will be needing fab new homes! :wink:

Awww Suzanne - is Florence the tan lop with a hint of Harlequin? :love: That's just like Frazer - he has one go fast stripe down one side of his back and then some colour around one eye!

Aww they are so cute!Glad they are all doing well!I may have a peak at your Cathedral toay!! :D

Laila :love: :love: :love: :D :oops: :D

Amy
xxxx

Aw they are really lovely. Sounds like you are doing a really great job with them, well done x

chloaster said:
Awww Suzanne - is Florence the tan lop with a hint of Harlequin? :love: That's just like Frazer - he has one go fast stripe down one side of his back and then some colour around one eye!

Yeah that's Florence. She has one half of her face dark and the other tan. She was a Honeybunny resident too. :D

You did a great job cleaning them all up Sally and now he's not doing loads of squidgy poos anymore he's keeping himself clean! How are Wattle and Daub doing?

They have also adopted the litter tray very quickly, and as such are keeping themselves nice and clean too. I had a bit of trouble getting them to eat the SS pellets, but they love their veggies ( I think they had lots of veggies in their old home as she had a big bucket of chopped up veg). They are managing some hay, but still look at it like its an alien species :lol: :lol:

Wattle remains quite terrotorial, I got lots more grunts this morning, and the teabag box which I gave them yesterday stuffed with hay and veggies was picked up in her teeth and flung back at me :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stroppy little madam, but she is soooo cute when she thinks you arent watching :wink: :wink:

I thought they were a bit older as Jill mentioned spaying Wattle, but obviously my little madam is too young as yet - think the space is going to her head :roll:

This is my last night in work so quick update before I go off line for a few days. I checked Frazer's lump today and it has all but disappeared!! and Rebecca the vet reckons she prob wont have to operate which is fab as I'm sure Frazer will appreciate not feeling sore both ends! Trixie and Laila took some food off me today, Simba and Pebbles are still very nervous but am persevering. Frazer came indoors with me to ring Jill and tell her the good news and having attempted to eat my jumper stuck his head under my arm and went to sleep! He is a very heavy boy and it's going to be hard to let him go......
Anyway, Simba, Trixie, Frazer, Pebbles and Jenny (smash the hutch bun) are all in for their neutering ops on friday so please think of them - Steph is an absolute gem and is lending me her snugglesafes so all the girls will have their comforters - thanks hon.x I think it's going to be a mini hospital for a few days! Will let you know how they all get on - ever closer to needing loving forever homes!!! :D

Chloe has asked me to let people know that ALL the buns are now back from their spaying and one neuter and are all doing well. Snuggled on heat pads, as we speak. She doesnt have internet access tonight.

Fab news that they are all ok. :D

These buns have not had it easy and would appreciate some positive vibes, thoughts and prayers guys! You wouldn't know Jenny had been in, Trixie is doing ok, but Simba and Pebbles are struggling. They have very long incisions in their tummies as their ovaries were covered in fat so the vet had to go fishing further than normal. Simba only ate for herself for the first time last night, she was finally persuaded by some kale and carrot but has been on Science Recovery for the last couple of days. This is Frazer's neck ..............

CIMG7209.jpg

The vet rang and said she felt it would be a problem in the future so would like to cut it out even though it had shrunk. Plus Frazer started bleeding from his nether wound and had to go back in to theatre so his plums are not looking a whole lot better than his neck. This little man is going through it but he is eating and, although very subdued, is ok in himself. Please think of them - thanks
P.S. - thank you for making the post for me Steph and for your support.x

Back