• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's all Mandy's fault

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Ever since visiting Mandy earlier this week I can't get having a rex out of my mind.

I have a confession, prior to this I have only seen pics of rexes on RU and didn't like them at all, thought they looked 'odd' somehow

However since meeting the lovely Audrey I'm a total convert and would love one (yes I know Kirkby have lots Mandy :lol: )

So I blame you Mandy for my current obsession :wink: :lol: :lol:

I have a lovely rex called Joey. Just adore the feel of him and he amuses me no end. Aww go for it !! Woo hooo another Rex addict :D

They really are magic aren't they :D
I still haven't managed to part with the first one that came into the rescue :oops: In fact he is here in my living room tonight as next door are going to let off fireworks later right next to the aviary where he normally lives :x I bonded him with a youngster to buy more time with him :lol:

We have two more in the rescue at present. A young REW mini buck, Clent, soon to be castrated, and a standard castor doe, a new arrival 8) Somehow I don't think it will be hard to find homes for them when they are ready :wink:

Clent:
clent.jpg

Until you've stroked a rex you just cant imagine how soft they are! I would love to have a rex one day though my OH maintains he doesn't really love bunnies in general (he loves ratties), it was just Deej that he fell in love with, and he's the only bunny he will ever love!!! :lol:

I love rex`s I had Florence who`s in my signature got her from Bobtails and was bonded with Bracken, she passed away back in August very suddenly :cry: :cry:

At the moment I`m fostering 2 rabbits for Jane Dexter Sandy a lop and Mia a dalmation rex :D :D

DSC_8380.jpg

Mia

They are great rabbits, if you have the chance to have one I would go for it.

I've fancied owning a rex for a while now but am even more determined to have one in the future having stroked one a few months ago. I love the Castor colour.

GET ONE!

Be warned though, once a rex fanatic, always a rex fanatic! I often find myself asking Pebble and Ebony why they can't lose some guard hairs and be like Berri :lol: :roll: So far they haven't listened :( :wink:

chloaster said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Rexes are quite nice I suppose......... :wink: Janex

:lol: :lol: Yeah I guess........ and while we're on the subject of blaming Mandy ......... :lol: :lol:

CIMG4413.jpg

Mandy's going to kill me when she comes on :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're gorgeous :love: Were you not a bit greedy though keeping all four? :wink:

The problem is I'd also like (pairs of) French Lops, Netherland Dwarfs, Fluffy Lionheads and Giants.

kayjay said:
They're gorgeous :love: Were you not a bit greedy though keeping all four? :wink:

:lol: :lol: Yup!! :lol: :lol: But how could you not and how would you decide which ones to keep? :shock:

I'd quite like to own a rex once day, they look they have wonderful personalities (can't beat a rabbit with personality!)

chloaster said:
kayjay said:

:lol: :lol: Yup!! :lol: :lol: But how could you not and how would you decide which ones to keep? :shock:

She's clever managing to tell them all apart.I can't even get 1 right! :oops: :lol: They are lovely though!And really friendly.They will climb all over you! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember thinking rexes were a bit odd looking and then Chloe's Beatles came to stay with me and i realised how gorgeous they are :love:

Im glad you liked Audrey, I think she was on her best behaviour whilst you were here, but dont be fooled :no: :lol:
I wish you could have met Rowan too :( .

And you know Kathryn if you do decide you would like one I can speak to Celia at Kirkby for you :D :wink: :wink: She has a new chinchilla rex that came in from someone that was moving house I think. I need to put his photo up on RR.

Back