• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problems with the P@H Lavender Lodge?

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Has anyone else had any problems with the doors on the P@H Lavender Lodge hutch? I've just been giving Jen her tea and my neighbour popped out to say that earlier today he caught her trying to push out the bottom of the door :shock: He nipped over the fence and pushed the door back in tight, but obviously I'm quite worried now! I can't see how she would manage to loosen the locks (they are of the bolt type) so I guess she must have just pushed the door out at an angle :?

I use padlocks on the doors so they are secure, but the bottom of one of the day compartment doors does seem to push out from inside the cage quite easily. I've secured it well in for tonight but I'll need to get something a bit more permanent fixed up first thing tomorrow. Any ideas? Perhaps a second hasp and staple lock towards the bottom of the door?

I haven't seen the hutch but a bolt top and bottom should work I'd have thought?

Tam

I think you're right Tamsin... hopefully there'll be somewhere open tomorrow where I can get some more bolt fittings!

It's freaked me out a bit - the bolt closings are midway up the door, but they are also padlocked and I had imagined that they would be quite secure like that. I didn't plan on my little madam being quite so determined to make a break for it :shock:

OK, I'll definitely get that done tomorrow then (I hope B&Q is open!). I just hope she doesn't make a break for it during the night, Eeek!

Thanks Karen :D We went this morning and brought some new barrel bolts for the bottom of the hutch doors and also, some strip wood to put in across the front of the living area to try and stop Jen from pushing all of her straw out onto the floor :lol:

I've just tested the door again now that the new bolts are in place and I have to say, even a very determined bunny Steve McQueen couldn't get out of there now! :lol:

I had this particular hutch donated to me by someone whose Rabbits came into Rescue I have added a slightly smaller mesh to it and changed the bolts as I thought they were quite flimsy. I have had no problems with it though. :D

Back