• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you who have lots of bunnies....

Veronica

Mama Doe
Today, being my only day off (yes I'm working tomorrow, New Year's Day :( :cry: ), I decided to clean out all the bunnies and piggies, wash all the bowls, bottles, toys...and clip all bunnies and piggie claws.

So...thats 14 bunnies, and 5 piggies.

It had to be the worst weather EVER.....with gale force winds and pouring rain.

Alfie, my frenchie...despite my best efforts of trying to keep him in the shed whilst cleaning out...managed to sneak out onto the patio and straight into the muddy water logged soil. :roll: ....where, he is still sitting now happily cleaning himself!
My neighbour, who was standing outside their house having a cigerette, heard me telling Alfie off ("will you get back inside now"..."Alfie, we had an arrangement! Home! Now!" etc).....and started laughing :oops: :lol:

So anyhow....in the middle of cleaning out.....a big bag full of piggie poop decides to split all over my mums freshly jetwashed patio. Luckily, she was out at the hospital (my gran's been back in hospital since Xmas Eve :( )...so I had chance to get it all tidied up.....whilst swearing quite heavily under my breath, as I got drenched in the rain :( :x

Arrrrggghhh......I'm ashamed to admit it, but today whilst sweeping up a split bag of piggie poop from the patio, whilst absolutely soaking wet...I have to say I did wish I didn't have so many small animals :shock:
It didn't help that when my mum got home, she fell about laughing at what a state I looked, soaking wet, with bits of woodshavings in my hair and feeling knackered.

Anyone else ever feel like this some days?

:roll: :shock: :x :oops: :lol:

:lol: What a time you've had of it!!

I think it's perfectly natural to sometimes wish things were more convenient! Like if you have a young child and they throw a tantrum and puke all down your brand new top that is dry clean only... just an example, I don't have kids! I think every situation, hobby, interest or commitment comes with its own set of challenges that are sometimes difficult and you wish at that instant that things were different, but there's a reason we keep going back, and we accept the pitfalls with the joys. :D

AMETHYST

Aww .. I think we all have days when things are a bit too much, I really dont know how you cope with all those animals though :shock: At least you gave your neighbour a good laugh :lol: X

you would of all laughed at us trying to cover the rabbits tonight as you got one end of the sheet down boards on and by the time you had moved off it went, and this is the whole length of the garage, took forever and was freezing cold

Elaine

Back