• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vets in Ashford, Kent?

Lionheads

Warren Scout
Anybody in or around Ashford in Kent recommend a good vet, have not registered with one yet. I want to get buns MOT'd and vaccinated in New Year!

Many thanks!

Thank you both very much I had to take Cola this morning as he was not eating, did not want to say that when I posted the thread as I knew others had bunsters not eating so did not want to start a new thread on the same subject, just needed to know the best vet asap. The vet we saw was great but could not find anything wrong, although he gave Cola a gut stimulant and painkiller by injection and given me a weeks worth of Baytril for him.

Thank you again Jane and Becki.

Caroline and Cola
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope Cola feels better soon.
Good advice from ELve on a different thread

Main thing she needs is water - if she's not drinking from a bottle try a dish, and if she's not drinking from that then you will have to slowly syringe some into her mouth, with the syringe sideways in, just behind her front teeth, so she doesn't choke. Water's most important, or pineapple juice as you've given, to keep the gut contents moist and moving through - Once it all dries out in there it's a lot more likely to just block up.

The other thing you must do is encourage her to run about - They really don't want to move when like this, but the exercise gets their guts moving.

I don't know why vets give antibiotics for stasis, as it's more likely just going to kill the 'good' bacteria in the gut and make things worse -
[/quote]

Lionheads said:
Thank you both very much I had to take Cola this morning as he was not eating, did not want to say that when I posted the thread as I knew others had bunsters not eating so did not want to start a new thread on the same subject, just needed to know the best vet asap. The vet we saw was great but could not find anything wrong, although he gave Cola a gut stimulant and painkiller by injection and given me a weeks worth of Baytril for him.

Thank you again Jane and Becki.

Caroline and Cola
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope Cola feels better very soon.

Janex

I have an excellent rabbit vet but he's in Bekesbourne, near Canterbury so not that close to you. Will pass on details if you want though.

Back