• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks tonight

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I heard yesterday that our neighbour two doors down are having a New Years Eve party with fireworks :( Pippa and MJ were fine on Bonfire Night but the bangs weren't that close so I'm really worried now.

I can't bring them in as my indoor cage is being used by piggies and all I think of is keep my fingers crossed and check them at 12.30 when it stops.

Any other ideas?

Have you got any `Guardian Angel`? I give this to my bunsters when i know we`ve got fireworks due and it really chills them out.

Su.x

cannonwoman said:
Have you got any `Guardian Angel`? I give this to my bunsters when i know we`ve got fireworks due and it really chills them out.

Su.x

I've never heard of that - what is it and where do you get in from? Is it like Bach Rescue remedy?

Another thing you could try if you haven`t got any `Guardian Angel` is you could give them a few drops of rescue remedy.

Hope this helps,
Su.x

kayjay said:
cannonwoman said:

Su.x

I've never heard of that - what is it and where do you get in from? Is it like Bach Rescue remedy?

It`s a mixture of vitamins & minerals , it comes in powder form ( like pro-biotics) and you just mix a tsp of it in their water.
I`ll have a look for the link to the website where i get it from and post it up for you.

Su.x

Thanks, no good for tonight but I'll get some in. I'm off to Manchester to the panto later so will try to get some rescue remedy from Boots

I was thinking a radio in the shed playing music might disguise some of the bangs too, has anyone done that before or does the music freak them out too?

if they are inside just leave them to it make sure that they are left as normal all I do is turn the lights off and leave them and they are fine we have fieworks next door in nov, and the outside ones we just put extra sheets on and they are all absolutely fine

Mine dont seem to bothered by fireworks. But my neighbours are having fireworks tonight, and last time they had them they were still setting them of at 5 in the morning :roll:

So I will probably bring them in to the house tonight.

I didnt know you could give bach rescue remedy to rabbits! Can you give it to cats too, because Smirnoff does get very scared of all the bangs

It's til 1am on New Years Eve :) my bun will be indoors for the night, have got the room all prepared, heating off, windows wide open!

I'd say they'll be fine too, I dont know of any buns who are bothered by fireworks :) (Watch about 50 of you tell me your buns are petrified now :lol: ) X

I'm pretty sure its illegal to let off fireworks after 11pm??

Yeah it is but they do it anyway :roll:

last time it was the kids and their friends setting them off all night. I was so scared they were going to set one over the fence and the hutches would catch fire or something I didnt sleep at all and had the buns in all night

Might be worth mentioning this is you have a friendly relationship with your neighbour

I dont have a good relationship with them, they are druggies. And the woman has been mean to me since I tried to give her some frontline from her cats :roll:

Yep, I have 2 bunnies, and one of them is scared of fireworks. She is a bit neurotic in general, so hopefully there won't be many tonight. :(

I would try Bach Rescue Remedy but they don't like their water tasting of anything other than water. :roll: They won't even drink it with probiotic in.

Awwww hope everyones buns are ok, mine dont give a toss about fireworks but I do - so mine are sleeping with me tonight * plus I just wanted an excuse to have them in lol*

Mine isn't bothered - on odd occassions when people have let fireworks off on weird days (probably for birthdays or something) he has actually been out in his run watching them! Tonight I will insist he goes in the shed but I won't be bringing him into the house.

Back