• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

teaching bunns instructions

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I havent being teaching it intentionally but Audrey has learnt to come to me if I pat or scratch the floor, and now when shes sees me doing it she comes barreling over straight away. Its quite a useful way of distracting her if she looks like she is about to be naughty.

She has also learnt the sound of the fridge door being opened :roll: :lol:
And the food bowl rattling means its time for bed :lol: .

What things have you taught your buns?

choc knows that a tap on the floor is a No when she is going to do something bad.

She knows when its time to go in her cage as i open it and shout her to come and she runs up the hall and dives in it then waits for a treat.

even funnier is when OH is playin on the xbox and he beeps the horn on the car she stops what she is doing and sits up like a meerkat.

she runs to the door when the doorbell goes aswell but i think she has got that from the cats as they do it so she follows

tried to get a pic last night but it was too funny watchin her then she would give me a funny look

All my bunnies and piggies know when I'm heading to the kitchen area (it's open-plan with the living room). As soon as they see that, the pigs squeak, Miles and Miffy scoot over as fast as they can, and the other four bunnies beg on their hind legs and jump about in their pens!

Also, Miffy stands on her hind legs in order to get a Shreddie treat!

Edited to add: Just remembered, Hurley squeaks to the Match of the Day theme tune! Also, if someone whistles on the television, the piggies go into a squeaking fit! :lol:

AMETHYST

My boy bertie know when it's bed time I say come on off to bed now.. Sometimes he doesn't want to go to bed & bangs his paws in temper!
He knows when it's food time & when it's treat time he goes wild he sits on the sofa & waits for his treat.

Molly is starting to know what I say now, she's only been here 4 weeks but she knows her name & knows when it's food time..
They are so clever that's why it crosses me when people keep them in tiny cages & no attention at all :evil:

karen354 said:
They are so clever that's why it crosses me when people keep them in tiny cages & no attention at all :evil:

Makes you mad, doesn't it?! I have to confess I had no idea just how intelligent bunnies can be and what amazing personalities they have until after I'd had Miles for a few weeks. But I would never have dreamed of keeping him in a tiny cage with no love and attention like some people do. :evil:

AMETHYST

Mine all know what no means :lol:

Trip knows when he is getting cuddles and loads of attention when I put my pink dressing gown on. He thinks its his and he goes nuts! He loves cuddling into it, he doesnt to it with other ones though so it must just be that one he likes :D

Malibu will come when I call her pretty much all the time and she knows exactly what cupboard her food is in. She sits and watches it :roll:

And when she is going to bed I get in her run with her and say "kiss goodnight from Buu" and she jumps in to her hutch and lays down for nose rubs :love:

And if Smirnoff climbs up the fence she tries to follow :roll:

Im sure Scarlett knows when she is about to do something naughty, she watches and waits until she thinks you cant see her :lol:

Back