• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am about to welcome a rescue bun! U/D: introducing.....

Cookie&Twix

Alpha Buck
I can't believe it. My Nan just called and said that she was offered a rabbit after telling a friend of hers about Cookie passing on just before xmas. I don't know the whole story, except that someone wants to get rid of a rabbit, offered it to someone else first who didn't want it and then this friend of my Nan's said that I would probably take it on. How can I say no now, lol!

I have no idea of the sex, age, history or breed of the rabbit, so this should be fun. I just hope that it is in good health with the vets all being closed right now. It is a good thing I have plenty of wire squares left over to make another cage.

I will come back and update when I know more.

How exciting! Well done, you for taking this poor bunny on.
That's how Squidgy came to me. A family moved and left him behind in the garden :twisted: , my mum's friend lived next door and knew I had bunnies, rescued him and brought him to me. It was love at first sight and he'll have been with me 5 years next year.

I have a gorgeous young Lionhead :D

If I had to hazard a guess at age, I would say maybe 3 or 4 months, looks to be a boy, but can't tell if his testicals have dropped or not (neither of my buns were babies when I got them, both were rescues too).

Apart from being quite scared and having some matted fur around his bottom he looks to be in decent health, but there is know way of knowing for sure until I can get him checked over by the vet. He came with the nasty rabbit mix, but I will soon change that. Any idea's what sort of hay I should be feeding him? I am also thinking that I should keep Twix and the new bun in different rooms until the little bun is neutered even though Twix is altered. I don't want to kick start the little man's hormones, lol!

I will post him pics in the relevant forum in just a tick, look out for Biscuit!

Back