• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas Bunnies (and a couple of piggies!)

elve

Banned
Well Christmas this year was to be a bleak affair for my bunnies - Until the Bunny Santa at West Wales kindly sent us a couple of their goodie bags! :D

The girls in the shed had a ripping time with theirs - although when I gave them their tea I nearly fainted with shock at the mess they'd made! :lol:

P1010100.jpg

Maa, Benny and (sadly departed on Thursday :( ) little Tia shared the 2nd goodie bag - Willow trees and dried leaves for Tia and Benny, and THE BAG for Maa :)

P1010103.jpg

P1010107.jpg

smallTia.jpg

awww - poor lickle Tia :( I'm so glad she enjoyed her last few days and died peacefully in my arms though.

And for Becki - a pic of Abbie piggie - not amused at having her breakfast disturbed (remind anyone of queen Victoria?)

P1010133.jpg

And a cute one of the 3 girls (Emily, Imogen and Harriet) in the run, having a siesta :)

3littlegirls.jpg

And another one of the shed bunnies Zinniea, Victoria and Primrose (Petunia being in the other tray) cos it looked sooooooo CUTE :D

P1010126.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :D

Awwwwwwwwww they really looked like they enjoyed their christmas goodies. :D

I love the piccie of the 3 piggies looking out from under the dog bed, sooo cute. :love:

Su.x

Awww, I'd forgotten how lovely your bunnies are Elve.
Looks like they had a fab Christmas.

Do all my piggies live together? Ah that would be nice from a cage-cleaning angle (15 cages/hutches :shock: ) but NO! None of the boys are neutered, as I've lost my nerve since Abbie's 'husband' Charlie piggie, died after being neutered....Oh and I've lost all my money too - sigh :roll: Most of the pigs are singletons, and seem too happy that way for me to risk their lives with 'the op' :)

I've tried pairing up the girls but they are a feisty lot and hate the sight of other females - I think bunnies are actually easier to bond! :shock:

So, at the moment (there may be a fight this afternoon, who knows? :? ) I have a trio of girls, a pair of girls, 2 pairs of boys, and the rest are single. :)

All Fab pics ... but OMG Your pics make me soooo want some piggies. In fact, I've actually asked for a pair of piggies every day for about four years!! :oops: Yours are just totally :love::love::love: X

wheeek wheeeek! :lol:

Yes piggies are indispensible! - to think I didn't even like them when I rescued this lot :roll: 'Oh I'll easily rehome them to the forum peeps' I thought.....And then I selfishly kept the lot :oops:

All except for Charlotte :D Happybunny got in there fast, before I became addicted!

I wish I could put my finger on exactly why piggies are so lovely. They are less interesting and interactive than bunnies, but they have their own special magic. I think it's something to do with the wheek wheek! :lol: Oh and that they are lovely and cuddly (some of the time!) :)

I think I love piggies because they are so dumb compared to rabbits! In a cute way - they are so easy to please, and full of joy in life, they always make me smile!

And the other thing I noticed when I got them was that they make eye contact much more than rabbits do - They have very expressive little faces and you can 'catch their eye' and talk to them in a way that you don't tend to do with bunnies - I think?

But Becki you wouldn't want my alpacas - they are a nightmare to groom - it's haircuts for 14 piggies next wheeek! :roll: OK when they are 'good pigs' like Imogen, but Milo is **!&?! :shock: I have to hold him in mid air with one hand, and snip with the other, whilst he waves his legs and tries to bite me :shock: Abbie is not too bad - if you get it all shorn off in 15 mins - otherwise her patience runs out and she's like a firecracker! :lol: And then there's Sabrina :roll: think 'fountain of wee' - I've never known a pig pee as much - It was really funny last time as I cocked her back leg up to clip her thigh, and this perfect stream of wee shot 3 foot across the room, narrowly missing Horace's shocked little face :lol:

Thankfully I've done the hairdressing so often now I'm really speedy - But I never get the hang of nails, which need doing monthly, I get in such a sweat incase I cut the quick :shock:

Must go put the bunnies to bed now - Happy New Year everyone! :D

Gorgeous piggies and bunnies :D :D My alpaca Lottie needs a bum hair cut and she doesn't half squeak if you so much as touch her bum, so you have my sympathy :lol:

Back