• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please

KazPetts

Warren Scout
Right we have a normal shed which I am wanting to convert to a bunny home for my four bunnies. My boys are gonna get neautered shortly and I want to house them in a converted shed.
First question is, what do I need to do to convert the shed. I want two separate pens with 2 bunnies in each (when bonded)
Second question is, once the boys have been neutered I want to know how to go about bonding the boys with the girls. I know I can't just put a boy and girl rabbit together and expect them to get along together straight away.

What I want to do is convert the shed making 2 large pens but putting something like a chicken wire divider between the boys and girls so that they can see each other but not be able to attack each other.

The other option is to make one large rabbit proofed shed conversion divided into 4 with chicken wire or something similar so that all bunnies can see each other but not get at each other so that eventually they can all live together in the same space (is this possible 2 boys and 2 girls?) Will make my task of cleaning them all out that bit easier and not take as much time.

Thanks
Kaz

Sorry cannot help with the bonding :oops: I have two boys in a shed and would love two girls to bond with them.
Can you not bond them all first then put them in the shed?
I don,t know how you would section part of the shed,it may be difficult for cleaning,feeding etc,unless you could make some kind of door in the wire.
Maybe someone will come along who as this kind of setup. :D

KazPetts said:
Right we have a normal shed which I am wanting to convert to a bunny home for my four bunnies. My boys are gonna get neautered shortly and I want to house them in a converted shed.
First question is, what do I need to do to convert the shed. I want two separate pens with 2 bunnies in each (when bonded)
Second question is, once the boys have been neutered I want to know how to go about bonding the boys with the girls. I know I can't just put a boy and girl rabbit together and expect them to get along together straight away.

What I want to do is convert the shed making 2 large pens but putting something like a chicken wire divider between the boys and girls so that they can see each other but not be able to attack each other.

The other option is to make one large rabbit proofed shed conversion divided into 4 with chicken wire or something similar so that all bunnies can see each other but not get at each other so that eventually they can all live together in the same space (is this possible 2 boys and 2 girls?) Will make my task of cleaning them all out that bit easier and not take as much time.

Thanks
Kaz

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10221&highlight=

Back