• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kahlo, post de-plumming.

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Kahlo was de-plummed yesterday and being the amazing rabbit that he is coped with it brilliantly and as you can see from the photos i took last night was perfectly chilled out and relaxed just a few hours after the op. :D

PICT0842.jpg

PICT0843.jpg

PICT0847.jpg

PICT0848.jpg

To be honest i`m not even sure he`s noticed his plums are missing yet! :shock: As he was binkying around the lounge today like nothings happened!

Su.x

Hope he does well. I had my last Rabbit neutered, never again, totally ruined him. He became moody and his coat was awful, thickened up dreadfully and grew profussely underneath him. I wouold only ever do it now for health reasons alone, and a good one at that!

Best of luck.
Dawn.

Chewy said:
Hope he does well. I had my last Rabbit neutered, never again, totally ruined him. He became moody and his coat was awful, thickened up dreadfully and grew profussely underneath him. I wouold only ever do it now for health reasons alone, and a good one at that!

Best of luck.
Dawn.

I have all my rabbits neutered. :D
With females it helps protect them from uterine cancer and also often you`ll find once they meet sexual maturity they can get quite territorial and bad tempered but 9 times out of ten neutering prevents this.
And with males neutering generally stops them from spraying, which is not pleasant and smells foul! Also, if possible i like all my rabbits to atleast live in pairs, if not larger groups as rabbits are not naturally solitary animals and it`s more natural for them to live with others of their own kind. I know this isn`t a steadfast rule and there are solitary rabbits that are perfectly happy but i do find that neutering is best for the rabbit in many ways. And if a male isn`t neutered he HAS to lead a solitary life with no option of another rabbit friend.

Su.x

Mmmm, we will have to agree to disagree :) i dont subscribe to all the supposed health issues, likewise with male dogs. Incidently, my first Rabbit was won at a fair! I was very young :) my second was bought to us by a neighbour, both these males lived happily together for 10yrs, maybe I was just lucky that time. :?:
Dawn.

Meant to add.
My Rabbit was neutered because he sprayed, but he was never ever nasty. After he was neutered he was withdrawn and moody, it was the worst thing I did to him, I regret it immensley.

Glad Kahlo is doing well. I have to say that my two were exactly the same, didn't even seem to notice their plums have gone. I can also say that it doesn't seem to have affected either of their personalities. Gasket is still a psycho and Taps is still my laid back Dylan chillin' and taking things in his stride. :D

Back