PDA

View Full Version : Calel (again!)

Angie65
29-12-2006, 10:10 AM
He's loose overnight, & I do all the other rabbit's water before I let him out, to avoid walking through the room excessively & upsetting him (yes I'm scared!!). Anyway, last night, I had missed Polly's & Alfie's bowl - Calel was out, so I walked in to fill it, & HE KNEW!! There was an evil glint in his eye, & he charged at me & bit my foot. He got the narrow bit just above the heel (as I ran away!), & can i just say OW!!! I had a sock on, now shredded :roll: , so didn't do much damage, but my foot is swollen up today, so i'm barefoot at work cos boots hurt! :lol: 5 mins earlier I had been giving him nose rubs :roll:

Steph
29-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Aww Angie :roll: Hope your foot gets better throughout the day. Perhaps try wearing steel toe capped boots :shock: xx

Angie65
29-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Aww Angie :roll: Hope your foot gets better throughout the day. Perhaps try wearing steel toe capped boots :shock: xx

I usually wear wellies & oven gloves :lol: - I was being lazy :roll:

Steph
29-12-2006, 10:31 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lynda_m
29-12-2006, 10:41 AM
That's real strange behaviour as you have been doing so well with him!

Do you think he's just a terrirotial bun or what?

Hope you're foot is better... at least he didn't get any veins or arteries this time ;)

bunnymadhouse
29-12-2006, 10:45 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Angie65
29-12-2006, 10:45 AM
That's real strange behaviour as you have been doing so well with him!

Do you think he's just a terrirotial bun or what?

Hope you're foot is better... at least he didn't get any veins or arteries this time ;)

I honestly think he's disturbed :shock: He's completely placid & friendly, & then suddenly sees red! :shock: I have never seen a bun fling himself around so much. I usually leave the room & come back when he's calmed down :?

bunnymadhouse
29-12-2006, 10:51 AM
i only have 2 things to say realy Angie ....
1 ...you are extremely brave to keep getting in there with him ... :shock: :?

and

2.... if you ever decide to re home him ... :? :? :? we may just be full :? or on holiday :? or closed :? or....just kidding :lol:

Angie65
29-12-2006, 10:52 AM

and

2.... if you ever decide to re home him ... :? :? :? we may just be full :? or on holiday :? or closed :? or....just kidding :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cannonwoman
29-12-2006, 10:58 AM

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OW, he`s a naughty boy! :shock:

Hope your foot soon gets better Angie.

Su.x

beckiboo186
29-12-2006, 12:32 PM
:shock: You are brave - Think if he was mine, it'd be a lovely big hutch & run in the garden :oops: :lol: :lol: X

Bundle
29-12-2006, 01:02 PM
OUCH! :shock: you were lucky he didn't do any worse damage! :shock: Is he one of yours or a foster Angie? Little monster - he certainly sounds like he has a split personality :lol: :lol: You said you're scared of him - I reckon he knows it and plays on it! Perhaps you should act fearless to flummox him (either that or have a bit of Dutch courage before you go near him! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Angie65
29-12-2006, 01:14 PM
OUCH! :shock: you were lucky he didn't do any worse damage! :shock: Is he one of yours or a foster Angie? Little monster - he certainly sounds like he has a split personality :lol: :lol: You said you're scared of him - I reckon he knows it and plays on it! Perhaps you should act fearless to flummox him (either that or have a bit of Dutch courage before you go near him! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Both times I got bit, I'd been at the wine!! Reckon my reactions are slower!! He was a foster, but to be honest he will probably stay, cos God knows what's wrong with him! :lol:

I get back from Amsterdam at end of this month & I have a plan so he can be out all time with minimum contact. Just don't want to do it before I go away, cos some poor *** has to clean him out while I'm gone!! :lol:

I tried acting fearless, but the running away screaming always gives me away :shock: :lol:

Ali
29-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Aw poor you Angie, :love: :love: he's sounds like a bunny possesed :evil:

Bundle
29-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I tried acting fearless, but the running away screaming always gives me away :shock: :lol:

Big deep breaths, slow and deliberate movements, *chanting* I will not scream and run, I will not scream and run......

and if all else fails..... steel toe caps and industrial strength gauntlets! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azraelm
29-12-2006, 04:17 PM
oh god Angie he really does sound like a terror :shock:

Do you think he knows you are scared of him? Perhaps it might help to be bolder when approaching him?

Angie65
29-12-2006, 04:22 PM
oh god Angie he really does sound like a terror :shock:

Do you think he knows you are scared of him? Perhaps it might help to be bolder when approaching him?

I wasn't scared the first time :lol:

Azraelm
29-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I wonder if he is actually mentally ill there is anything that can be done for him? :? ie) medication perhaps?

its strange that he is kind towards Treacle though?

Angie65
29-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I wonder if he is actually mentally ill there is anything that can be done for him? :? ie) medication perhaps?

its strange that he is kind towards Treacle though?

He's kind to me too. I've only been bitten 3 times - one seriously. He loves nose rubs, & comes bounding over for a stroke. No problem being picked up. i think he is disturbed. But he seems happy. Was binkying like a loon last night, so maybe he'll come round when he's more settled? :?

Azraelm
29-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Thats good then, perhaps he just likes to keep you on your toes? :lol:

Angie65
29-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Thats good then, perhaps he just likes to keep you on your toes? :lol:

Probably :roll: He is definitely unpredictable :lol:

bunnymadhouse
29-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I tried acting fearless, but the running away screaming always gives me away

HMMM I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD :? :roll: :lol: :lol:

REALY WE SHOULDNT BE LAUGHING ......I THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT ANGIE ...I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING ODD GOING ON IN HIS BRAIN BLESS HIM . PERHAPS ITS BUNNY S*CCC OH GOD CANT SPELL IT :oops: ...YOU KNOW ..THAT DISORDER THAT CAUSES SPLIT PERSONALITIES IN HUMANS :?

Angie65
29-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I tried acting fearless, but the running away screaming always gives me away

HMMM I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD :? :roll: :lol: :lol:

REALY WE SHOULDNT BE LAUGHING ......I THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT ANGIE ...I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING ODD GOING ON IN HIS BRAIN BLESS HIM . PERHAPS ITS BUNNY S*CCC OH GOD CANT SPELL IT :oops: ...YOU KNOW ..THAT DISORDER THAT CAUSES SPLIT PERSONALITIES IN HUMANS :?

Bunnyline Personality disorder?

Morrigan1981
29-12-2006, 06:21 PM
:shock: :shock:

What's Calel's background?

When my mum was running her piggie rescue, we had someone bring in a rabbit that their children had lost interest in. They had been keeping him in a round coal bunker type thing by the shed in their garden - no windows, no light, no bedding. He was the most aggressive rabbit I've ever seen :shock: Because of where he had been kept, even in his new hutch he could only run round and round in circles and he would literally lunge at anyone who passed within a foot of the door. We had to wear padded gloves to feed him... I'm certain that the abuse that poor little man suffered just made him literally terrified of human beings, to the point that he was psychologically damaged :cry:

Angie65
29-12-2006, 06:25 PM
This is his history: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25307

He never seems scared - more over confident?? Everything is on his terms, but he can be soooo friendly, then turns. He really flings himself about. Even his binkying is psychotic :shock:

Angie65
29-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I just read his history again myself - the use of the term "little bunny" is so misleading! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well he is neutered, he HAS a girlfriend, he has plenty of exercise & some nervous nose-rubs. Daily veg/hay & pellets... so what now :lol:

Azraelm
29-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Have you seen these articles?:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/aggression.html

Although not sure they will help from what you described!

Perhaps he will mellow with age, but you'll just always need to be on guard? :?

Angie65
29-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Have you seen these articles?:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/aggression.html

Although not sure they will help from what you described!

Perhaps he will mellow with age, but you'll just always need to be on guard? :?

I printed those when he first came!! Handy to re-read though :D

doorkeeper
29-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Have you tried bonding him yet? I just tamed a mad little beast by putting him with a girlie bun. Periwinkle had taken to lunging and biting at anyone feeding or cleaning him out. He had a chunk out of Emma's hand, a lump out of Jo's boot and bit right through my finger nail :roll: Once long enough had passed after his op I put him in with Tamarind. She is one of the Birmingham buns and had been really nervous of the other buns I showed to her but it was love at first sniff :D Periwinkle is now happy and chilled 8) He was the only boy in his litter and as a consequence had to be on his own for several months until he was old enough to be neutered. I'm sure this lonliness made up a large part of his grumps. He also is a very confident bunster so did not hesitate to share his feelings :?

Zebs my other people eater was tamed after bonding too.

Morrigan1981
30-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Ummm... dunno what else you can try really! :lol: Dandelion (the rabbit I refer to in my earlier post) never settled down - we had him for about a year before he died and he was always very aggressive. It was clearly fear based response with him though (although he seemed just nasty on the surface, as you got to know him it was obvious that the poor little mite was just terrified :() and as you say, that's not the case with Calel... maybe he does have some kind of bunny chemical imbalance. It can't be impossible :shock:

Angie65
02-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Have you tried bonding him yet? I just tamed a mad little beast by putting him with a girlie bun. Periwinkle had taken to lunging and biting at anyone feeding or cleaning him out. He had a chunk out of Emma's hand, a lump out of Jo's boot and bit right through my finger nail :roll: Once long enough had passed after his op I put him in with Tamarind. She is one of the Birmingham buns and had been really nervous of the other buns I showed to her but it was love at first sniff :D Periwinkle is now happy and chilled 8) He was the only boy in his litter and as a consequence had to be on his own for several months until he was old enough to be neutered. I'm sure this lonliness made up a large part of his grumps. He also is a very confident bunster so did not hesitate to share his feelings :?

Zebs my other people eater was tamed after bonding too.

Calel got a girlfriend around the time of my first bite..... :wink: He is fine with her - she is very friendly - although i can't get near her now, without locking up calel first :roll: