• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calel (again!)

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
He's loose overnight, & I do all the other rabbit's water before I let him out, to avoid walking through the room excessively & upsetting him (yes I'm scared!!). Anyway, last night, I had missed Polly's & Alfie's bowl - Calel was out, so I walked in to fill it, & HE KNEW!! There was an evil glint in his eye, & he charged at me & bit my foot. He got the narrow bit just above the heel (as I ran away!), & can i just say OW!!! I had a sock on, now shredded :roll: , so didn't do much damage, but my foot is swollen up today, so i'm barefoot at work cos boots hurt! :lol: 5 mins earlier I had been giving him nose rubs :roll:

Aww Angie :roll: Hope your foot gets better throughout the day. Perhaps try wearing steel toe capped boots :shock: xx

Steph said:
Aww Angie :roll: Hope your foot gets better throughout the day. Perhaps try wearing steel toe capped boots :shock: xx

I usually wear wellies & oven gloves :lol: - I was being lazy :roll:

That's real strange behaviour as you have been doing so well with him!

Do you think he's just a terrirotial bun or what?

Hope you're foot is better... at least he didn't get any veins or arteries this time ;)

lynda_m said:
That's real strange behaviour as you have been doing so well with him!

Do you think he's just a terrirotial bun or what?

Hope you're foot is better... at least he didn't get any veins or arteries this time ;)

I honestly think he's disturbed :shock: He's completely placid & friendly, & then suddenly sees red! :shock: I have never seen a bun fling himself around so much. I usually leave the room & come back when he's calmed down :?

i only have 2 things to say realy Angie ....
1 ...you are extremely brave to keep getting in there with him ... :shock: :?

and

2.... if you ever decide to re home him ... :? :? :? we may just be full :? or on holiday :? or closed :? or....just kidding :lol:

bunnymadhouse said:

and

2.... if you ever decide to re home him ... :? :? :? we may just be full :? or on holiday :? or closed :? or....just kidding :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnymadhouse said:

and

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OW, he`s a naughty boy! :shock:

Hope your foot soon gets better Angie.

Su.x

OUCH! :shock: you were lucky he didn't do any worse damage! :shock: Is he one of yours or a foster Angie? Little monster - he certainly sounds like he has a split personality :lol: :lol: You said you're scared of him - I reckon he knows it and plays on it! Perhaps you should act fearless to flummox him (either that or have a bit of Dutch courage before you go near him! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Bundle said:
OUCH! :shock: you were lucky he didn't do any worse damage! :shock: Is he one of yours or a foster Angie? Little monster - he certainly sounds like he has a split personality :lol: :lol: You said you're scared of him - I reckon he knows it and plays on it! Perhaps you should act fearless to flummox him (either that or have a bit of Dutch courage before you go near him! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Both times I got bit, I'd been at the wine!! Reckon my reactions are slower!! He was a foster, but to be honest he will probably stay, cos God knows what's wrong with him! :lol:

I get back from Amsterdam at end of this month & I have a plan so he can be out all time with minimum contact. Just don't want to do it before I go away, cos some poor *** has to clean him out while I'm gone!! :lol:

I tried acting fearless, but the running away screaming always gives me away :shock: :lol:

Angie65 said:
I tried acting fearless, but the running away screaming always gives me away :shock: :lol:

Big deep breaths, slow and deliberate movements, *chanting* I will not scream and run, I will not scream and run......

and if all else fails..... steel toe caps and industrial strength gauntlets! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh god Angie he really does sound like a terror :shock:

Do you think he knows you are scared of him? Perhaps it might help to be bolder when approaching him?

mandy said:
oh god Angie he really does sound like a terror :shock:

Do you think he knows you are scared of him? Perhaps it might help to be bolder when approaching him?

I wasn't scared the first time :lol:

I wonder if he is actually mentally ill there is anything that can be done for him? :? ie) medication perhaps?

its strange that he is kind towards Treacle though?

mandy said:
I wonder if he is actually mentally ill there is anything that can be done for him? :? ie) medication perhaps?

its strange that he is kind towards Treacle though?

He's kind to me too. I've only been bitten 3 times - one seriously. He loves nose rubs, & comes bounding over for a stroke. No problem being picked up. i think he is disturbed. But he seems happy. Was binkying like a loon last night, so maybe he'll come round when he's more settled? :?

Back