• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behavior issues

chibichan

Young Bun
I've had two bunnies, one male one female that have been bonded for about a year now and lately I think they've been fighting. They've been shoving each other and grunting/stomping at each other much more than usual lately. Also Iris, the female has been humping Bonsley a lot lately. Is this normal or should I seperate them or what? No idea what to do, any help is appreciated!

Hiya,

Are they both neutered? If not then I presume Iris is the one not done. Getting her spayed might reduce the behaviour as humping and grunting can be related to hormones.

Bonded bunnies can go through periods of being a bit grumpy with each other. You only need to seperate them if they fight which is very very uncommon in bonded opposite sex pairs. A real fight would involve them latching on and kicking each other and causing injuries. My two chase, grunt and mount each other occationally.

Have you introduced any new animals into the household or been cuddling any other bunnies? New scents can trigger arguements.

Tamsin

They both are spayed and neutered. They come with me to school and I brought them home and they've been home since Thanksgiving (in us btw). They haven't bitten each other or caused injury that i've seen. They just seems to be more agry at each other lately and they stay on opposite levels of their home. No new animals and don't have any other bunnies. But they should be fine and let them work it out?

Back