• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meg is Being Spayed-U/D MASSIVE ADENOCARCINOMA.....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
After a week on Baytril the haematuria has cleared up but I am obviously still concerned about what Christobel will find when she spays Meg.
Please send Meg some vibes......

Picture189-1.jpg

Janex

Thank you Marlene and Su. We are just off to Christobel now. I am so nervous, I really hope Meg will be OK, she is such a gentle little Bunny

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Thank you Marlene and Su. We are just off to Christobel now. I am so nervous, I really hope Meg will be OK, she is such a gentle little Bunny

Janex

I know how you feel Jane, i`m just as worried about Kahlo. :( He`s been so poorly so far in his short little life that i`m really concerned about the ga, i just hope i`ve done the right thing.......

Su.x

cannonwoman said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

I know how you feel Jane, i`m just as worried about Kahlo. :( He`s been so poorly so far in his short little life that i`m really concerned about the ga, i just hope i`ve done the right thing.......

Su.x

It is such worry isnt it.
Poor Meg had such an awful life with the breeder and was due to be 'necked' when Nicola3 saved her. I just want her to be able to enjoy a happy life and it would seem so unfare if she does actually have a uterine cancer........

Hope little Kahlo gets on OK too

Janex

Hope everything goes ok Jane, i popped in a few minutes ago ... they wern't doing her at the time.

Vibes for Meg Jane. I had the same worry when Fia was spayed but everything was fine. Hopefully the same can be said for Meg.

Hugs

Shiv, Zi & Fia xXXx

Good luck little Meg. I was very worried about Amy when she went under too, specially with the blood etc but she was fine and I'm sure Meg will be too :)

Amy and Princess and me send lots of vibes for the lovely Meg.

Nicola x

Christobel says there was a HUGE tumour in Meg's uterus :cry:
There was no sign of metastisis in her abdomen BUT we dont know about her lungs. I could have her X-rayed but that would mean moving her to the other surgery and IF the cancer has spread to her lungs there is nothing that could be done other than PTS now....

So we take things day by day. Any sign of laboured breathingand/or weight loss and I will have to let her go..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane, I am so sorry to hear this. I am keeping everythign crossed that it hasn't spread to her lungs or anywhere else. Poor baby, I am sending lots of nose rubs.

So sorry to hear you news Jane, a big hug and nose rubs to you both. Hopefully now this has been removed she will pick up and live a good life. ARC have had a few buns whom have lived a good quality of life for a good few years after this being discovered AND removed.

This just rienforces the point that rabbits whom have been bred can develope uterine tumours.

Back