• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pig bonding :-D

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Well, we have had Hurley (pet shop rescue) and Starla (from ARC) since May, and almost three weeks ago we acquired Rikku and Ifalna from ARC. It was to be Rikku and Aeris, her sister, but unfortunately Aeris died very suddenly from an unknown cause. :cry: RIP little piggy.

harry2.jpg

Still, their mum still needed a good home, so we took her instead.

Having let them settle in for a few weeks, and given time for Rikku to grow a bit bigger, so that Hurley's size wasn't insurmountable! We bonded them today, in the bathroom (the only neutral space we have!), and after a little chasing from Hurley and deterrent spraying from Ifalna, they are all happily bonded and living together! :thumb:

Rikku became very attached to Hurley immediately, and Ifalna snuggled up to Starla lots, trying to make friends! :love: They are all very attached to each other! :D

Anyway, here are some pictures!

Hurley and Rikku
DSC00143.jpg

Starla, Rikku and Hurley
DSC00152.jpg

All four piggies
DSC00149.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

AMETHYST

Colourwise they look like they have always been one nice family. Thanks for posting the piccies, I love seeing the little creatures which originated from me.

Is Harry still as protective of Rikku?

jrn1310 said:
Colourwise they look like they have always been one nice family. Thanks for posting the piccies, I love seeing the little creatures which originated from me.

Is Harry still as protective of Rikku?

Yes he is! We realised when we put them together that it looks like Hurley's the dad, Ifalna's the mum, Rikku's the youngest baby and Starla's the older baby! :D

AMETHYST

rabswood said:
Arrr bless.

Hopefully I will be piggy bonding in the not too distant future :)

Rabswood

Good luck! It's SOOOO much easier than bonding rabbits though!! :lol:

AMETHYST

Back