• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

9 starved bunnies WHY DO PEOPLE DO IT ?

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Got a call on boxing day to ask if i could take in 9 bunnies i said i could help and went to pick them up today i couldnt believe my eyes the poor things hadnt been cleaned out for nearly a month and the owner couldnt remember when she least fed them which is very worrying!! they are chocolate and white dutches also dutch crosses they are so pretty and considering how theyVe bn treated they are all so friendly the girl was 16 and called the rspca they said they werent interested as all centres were full she even put in a cruelty complaint and they told her they would prosecute i dont know what to do do i
call the rspca and tell them ive rescued them and go for a prosecution or do i just hope ive saved them in time get them better and let her get away with it
advice would really be appreciated

ah thats really sad but great you rescued them, shouldn't have too much trouble rehoming if they are friendly and pretty. Some people want locking up
Tracy

My gosh the poor bunnies. Personally I would put in a complaint but unfortunatley its likely it wouldnt go very far, the RSPCA that I have come across tend to show little interest in rabbits. :(

On the other hand it makes me mad to think that people can get away with doing this Im so glad you were able to help them.

I would phone the RSPCA but not sure anything will happen to the owner...
Such a sad story but thank god for you..
I've got a hutch & run if you need fosterers..

Yes let it go as far as it can. Its doubtful, but if she gets prosecuted or at least a visit fron the RSPCA then that would be great! :evil:

Take some photos of the state they are in just in case.

I can't believe how wicked some people are. Well done for rescuing them. No hutch (yet) but have run and space if you need foster help.

Sadly now the Rabbits are no longer with the perpetrator a prosecution, or even an investigation wont happen.... :cry: :cry:

Believe me I KNOW and it makes my blood BOIL... :x :x
You just need to take comfort from the fact you have rescued the Rabbits.
The ABUSER will get their come-uppense, what goes around comes around.

Unfortunately the animal welfare law and how it is enforced is............... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Janex

So glad the buns have found you. Horrendous story, poor little things. Sending love and nose rubs to them all xx

Maybe you could write to the RSPCA, like Jane said it might go nowhere but send her a copy of the letter, might put the bejeebies up her bejerber ( If you know what I mean) if she thinks it might go somewhere - especially if you put the word prosecution in the letter? I dunno, seems like a losing battle being fought but at the least it might make you feel a bit better. Good luck with the buns and thank you for rescuing them.x

9 staved bunnies

the 9 bunnies are all doing really well eating me out of house and home so far one little girl has turned very aggressive and tries to bite when i try to touch her so hopefully spaying will help but considering how theyve bn treated they are doing really well

9 starved bunnies

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and thought I would post first here, I am now 'Mum' to two of these bunnies that Caroline rescued, and they are so lovely! I have called them Poppy and Primrose. They are quite nervous, and really don't like being caught, although once you have caught them Poppy seems happy enough to be held, Primrose just looks terrified! They have a big hutch and a stable to run around and play in, and as soon as they have had they VHD jabs they can go outside in their run and bound around in there! They love broccoli and sprouts, and readigrass!

So thanks to Caroline for my two girls, and for all the work she does for rabbits and guinea pigs.

Claire

I agree I'd try and complain but how much good it will do I don't know.
Poor buns but I'm glad they've found you, albeit in awful circumstances

Back