• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog cage

tracyuk

Mama Doe
Hi Just wondered if anyone else had a dog cage for their buns and what size do they have. I am looking at a 42" high one and wondered if this would be big enough to put a shelf in
Thanks Tracy
Oh I have bought a play pen to go with it, If anyone has any piccies of theirs I would love a nosey

i have the worlds biggest dog crate :D
hugecrate002.jpg

modelled by the lovely border collie, tikki!

We have a smallish one which folds away and we use it to put buns in overnight when they have been neutered or had an anaesthetic. The large ones look very impressive though! :shock:

They look great and would make me feel better that they can run around during the day, I their hutch is too small now. It would make it easier for me to house them when I travel to parents.
Thanks for pics
Tracy

Hey Flick
I like the small shelf you have in yours, Thats a great idea, would save building a permenant shelf in there
Thanks
Tracy

this might help tracy
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6267

Id probably say get as big as one as you have the space for, and take into account how much time your buns will spend in it.

I only have a 36inch one for Audrey but she is never locked in it- it would be far to small to be enclosed in.

Oh and order one off ebay rather than a high street shop- they are much cheaper.

Thanks Mandy, The one I have seen is on ebay, Its 42" but I will be leaving it open and attaching a play pen to it.
I have looked into the cages and they can be expensive but this one is £29.99 and its just down the road so I will save the £10 postage. I darent spend much more because their hutch isnt that old but I feel its too small and not very suitable for indors.
Tracy

Its v similar to our one, looks easy to convert and would be great with some features! Bargain!

Thats a great tip, thanks. i was especiall looking for a two door one, The plan is to take the door off one and attach the run to it and they should use the other to go in and out of when they are running round the house.
Tracy

thanks to all who offered help and advice. I bought one today and have to say dont know why I didnt buy one sooner. They were very interested when I was getting it ready for them. They couldnt understand why i was destroying their old stinky hutch. Lola (my shy girl) is doing binkies all over the place, Bless her
Tracy

Back