• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send Little Louis some good luck vibes - UPDATE

Steph

Warren Veteran
Little Louis my agouti French lop of 16 weeks is going to have his plums done tomorrow. He first of all has to have a check up with the vet, weight, teeth, plum size etc and then he will be neutered. His apointment is 9.30am. I am having to use a different vet, as my other will not neuter him till he is 6 months old :shock:

I will take his food with him and some tempting veggies for when he wakes. Lottie his sister cannot be done till she is 6 months apparently as French lops are slower to sexually mature than normal buns. I must say I am a little worried but arent we all when I loved bunsters go to the vets. Ooo the vet said no pellet food tonight just hay. Has anyone else heard of this ? Louis is in my siggy. :D

Erm....I think your vet is wrong telling you to only give him hay :eek:
I thought you were just supposed to feed them as normal?

Hope things go well for him xx

Sending loads of positive to Louis for tomorrow.
I`ve also got one of my boys booked in for a de-plum tomorrow, so we can be nervous wrecks together..............

Su.x

Certainly feed your Bunny as normal tonight. To be honest I am not sure I would feel happy allowing a Vet who told you otherwise to neuter one of my Bunnies.......

Janex

Thanks everyone. Thanks Jane I did say to the vet that I had always fed normally before any spay or neuter, he didnt comment. He has been fed as normal tonight. I shall speak to the vet in the morning. They are a highly thought of practice and I know Chloe uses them too. As I say my normal practice couldnt do Louis until he was six months. Gosh Im all worried already. :shock: Fingers crossed please.
x

If the practice do a lot of dogs and cats, its an easy mistake for the vet to make about feeding, as I think normally you have to starve them before an op. When I took mine in the Nurse started to say not to feed them, then remembered they were rabbits and said I should feed them as normal, which I did and they were both fine with the operation. I was really worried because it was so close to my holiday, but it worked out well in the end. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Has his op been done yet? I'm shocked your vet told you not to feed him as normal :shock: Glad you didn't take that advice on board! :D Sending vibes for him and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Fingers crossed for Louis! He'll be fine at 608 Steph, Effie and Jess had their ops there and were really well looked after. I think sometimes the ifo given us over the phone is given by the receptionists and not the vets themselves so she may have given you the wrong info by mistake. Let me know how he goes - and what he thinks of his willow ball!!!x

Louis is home and up in my spare room in his hutch with vet bed. He seems fine and Ive put tempting treats out for him. I also packed him a lunchbox for when he was at the vets. Just waiting for him to eat a little now and poop. The vet was very good when I dropped him off and I told her I had fed him normally and she said good thats what you should have done :D He is going back in a week for a check up. Thanks for all the vibes and keep them coming for his food and poop :oops: :D xx

Hugs for Louis
16.jpg

Glad he's okay bless him... :D
My boy was fine after his operation..
Having my girl spayed 9th Jan & I'm dreading it!

Back