• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why, when a bunny bites you does it............

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
flipping well sting so much??, I got bitten by Clover last night :love: :love: :love: on the back of the hand and by 'eck does it sting, it's really sore

Does anyone know why?

Awwww thanks, she really caught me by surprise, she attacks my husband every time but has never done it to me until last night, we don't know why she does it............ she's neutered, well fed, happy :shock: :shock: , but by 'eck she can rrally pack a bite!! :lol:

It bled quite a bit but is OK, but it really, really stings, ot it did for about half and hour after and I just wondered why

One of my bunnies has bit me a few times.It does sting for ages after.
When my cats are playing and they scratch me that stings for ages too.
Hope your hand gets better soon :D

Well what it is , and not many people know this but rabbits are acctually venomous :lol: :lol: :lol:
when u get bitten it stings for ages and it also makes fall in lover with bunnies :lol:

gizmo said:
Well what it is , and not many people know this but rabbits are acctually venomous :lol: :lol: :lol:
when u get bitten it stings for ages and it also makes fall in lover with bunnies :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No idea as I am lucky enough to never have been bitten...

But sending vibes for it to heal quickly :lol:

Hope you and all your bunny residents had a good Christmas.

snowy said:
flipping well sting so much??, I got bitten by Clover last night :love: :love: :love: on the back of the hand and by 'eck does it sting, it's really sore

Does anyone know why?

I got bitten by a Clover too last night!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't know why it stings though!

Fiona x

I've never been bitten by my two... Bertie bit my hubby once when he put him to bed one night poor bert didn't want to go to bed so he decided to chase his daddy around the room & nip his heels...
:lol:

Well, Clover really went for it last night and ran to attack me when I went into her shed, she was lunging and biting my legs and hands, it was very scary, she's never attacked me before.

snowy said:
Well, Clover really went for it last night and ran to attack me when I went into her shed, she was lunging and biting my legs and hands, it was very scary, she's never attacked me before.

You need to let em bite deep enough to cut through your nerves. Nothing hurts anymore after that :shock: :oops: :lol:

Calel is a bit like that. He really throws himself around & goes for anything in the way. Even his binkying looks aggressive :shock: Other times, he's sprawled out getting nose rubs. Bizarre :shock:

Years ago when I had my second bunny I was feeding him a long piece of grass which i had in between my finger and thumb, when he got to the end of the blade of grass he must have thought that my finger was a carrot or something and bit down quite hard on that causing me to nearly loose a small piece of the end of my finger, I didn't need stiches but it got taped up with those little surgi strip things and loads of iodine to stop any infection.

No idea why bunny bites hurt so much but I have to ask the same question about bunny scratches they sting like mad too.

Fionabun said:
snowy said:

Does anyone know why?

I got bitten by a Clover too last night!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't know why it stings though!

Fiona x

Seems it was Clovers night then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back