• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmm i wonder what he will do......

sdp_pogo

New Kit
On boxing day, Pogo is going to have his lead and im going to let him in the house for the first time :? should i be worried about what he will do? I only got him thursday :lol: . Does anyone have any tips for it?

You will need to keep a watch on him at all times as he may start to chew things :lol: :lol: Also, if he has the lead on he could become tangled up, so again keep an eye on him.

He might hide under chairs etc as if you have only had him a short time, he is still not used to you and placing him in more different surroundings might unnerve him a bit. If he does, just let him take his time and see if he wants to come out.

Also, will you have lots of people around esp children. If so, then I wouldn't recommend doing it.

One last thing - be prepared for a few bunny raisins to be left around and there might be the occasional wee, esp if he is a bit scared.

I tried Fia with her lead yesterday and it wasn't a great success but not terrible. You have to remember they're not dogs and they're not leash trained so he will be very confused when he tries to run off somewhere and he can't go. Fia ended up just sitting in one place cos I think she got fed up of not being able to hide in the hedges. Do it for short periods to start off with.

Good luck

Yea cheers for the advice and help, he will be on his own with just me and my mum and dad :D but im not sure that i want to do it just yet as i think i need to more time for me to get used to pogo and for him to him to get used to me.
But we shall see in January!

Cheers Scott

Back