• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay

Yay..I'm getting a husbun for holly!! She needs a man, she is so mopey :cry: . I haven't found her a friend yet, but I am looking very hard. I hope he comes along soon! Just thought I'd let everyone know because we are soo excited! :D

i know exactly how u feel. i decided awhile ago i was gunna get a mrs for my harvey and have now decided im gunna start looking sooner than i first thought i would :D its hard to contain the excitment isnt it lol

:lol: Yes, the excitement is hard to contain!! This is only the third time I get to pick a bun out of any bun in the whole world. Most of the other buns came from Aspen and her naughty friend Charlie :roll: :lol:
I'm so excited!!

Congrats!

BTW, how far are you from Milwaukee? I'm fostering for Soulmate Rabbit Rescue so I want to put a plug in for them. They took in several stray buns that had litters so they have a lot of buns under one year old.

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?shelterid=WI253&preview=1

They even have one named Norman!

BTW, Oberon if my foster. He's an absolute sweetheart so I'm trying to bond him with my buns in an attempt to keep him. :wink:

I'm about 1.5 or 2 hours from Milwaukee, deffo worth the trip!! I do want a younger boy for her, but that is my only stipulation. I'll have a look now!

Actually, most of those "New Zealands" look pretty small, especially when you look at their pics compared Oberon who weighs 10 lbs and is definately a New Zealand. It could be worth emailing Julie (the contact person) and asking how big they actually are.

And did you see Freddie, the cuddly mini rex? He's 3 years old, but that's not bad.

Otherwise the Chicago HRS always has lots of gorgeous buns.

I am taken by your foster :love: He is lovely, but you've got claim to him! I thought about it and I don't think size is an issue, just a matter of finding a man that the princess falls for :roll:

Freddie is a cutie too! I almost wish they were in a shelter so she could meet all the boys and see which one she likes, because she is the reason for getting a new bun.

Also, could you give me a bit on Oberon's personallity? Is he cuddly?

Oberon is seriously cuddly. Seriously, seriously cuddly, especially considering this is his first chance ever at a real home as he was originally meant for snake food. :shock: He's also ecstatic to be allowed playtime, toys, etc. and binkies a lot. Not so good with the litterbox, but he's only been home for a week and the shelter volunteer that helped get him to me said he was fab at the shelter.

I have a bunch of pics and stories about him at RO, as well as Angieluv's original posts on him in the Rescue section if you want to see his full story. He nearly died twice- once from being possible snake food and once from being two hours away from euthanasia at the shelter. I've only had him for a week now but he's settled in extremely well. Now I just need to get him to bond with Fey and Sprite!

Besides, I'm in Sheboygan which is another hour+ north. :wink:

I'm not sure who has Freddie, but I think Julie has quite a few of the fosters at her home. She's been great to work with so far although I haven't met her in person yet. If you are interested in driving that far for bunny dates I'd say just email her, let her know what you'd like to do, and maybe she can arrange to have any boys to temporarily be at the same place? She does actually respond to her emails pretty quickly which is seriously the only thing that saved Oberon from euthanasia (that shelter is known to be very difficult). SRR does require home checks although she might settle for pictures of your setup and buns like she did when she approved me as a foster mom. I can't promise that though, as I'm very new to SRR and pretty much as a special case for Oberon.

And there's always a chance that the little princess would like a female maid servant. :lol:

And there's always a chance that the little princess would like a female maid servant.
:lol: :lol: So true..she would probably be fond of a slave to groom her and such. I am deffo willing to take a trip up there, but I don't know about my mom. It depends on her work schedule. I've never had a home check before! That makes me nervous :lol:

I know Holly will pick her man (or woman). She either loves or hates buns..there is no in between.

Good luck bonding Oberon with your girlies! It should work out fine :wink:

Back