• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat Ball

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Ok i need someone to invent a new treatball!! :roll: Ive had two of the normal treatballs (the ones with the carrots on the outside) for a while now and my lot love them chasing around after them to get their food.. it really makes them move! :D Unfortunately they always seem to be attracted to a wee puddle :roll: Now the problem with them is that a.. they are a pain to fill with pellets.. and b.. they arent very easy to clean.
So.. i bought one of those Russel Rabbit wobbly feeding balls.. bit like a giant weeble. Well my three have now sussed it.. basically one of them gives it a good shove and it falls over shedding most of its contents of pellets in one go! :roll: :lol: I love how its so easy to fill and clean but the holes are too big and they dont really run around they just sit pushing it.
Anyone found anything which has the best of both worlds?? Ive tried looking at cat/dog ones but havent found anything yet. If not.. who's gonna invent one for me! :wink: :lol:

I use a cat/dog treatball which is about double the size of the rabbit ones - makes it easy to get the SS pellets in. It's this brand: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUGE-GOOD-BOY...753QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120060398250 and I guess about 5" diametre.

They are a pain to clean but to be honest I don't bother often. They are fairly litter trainned so it's more general dirt than wee and just as clean as the floor they eat the pellets off that fall out :lol:

You can make your own with a tube e.g. pringle tube/postage tube and cut a hole. Tat way you can throw away instead of clean. I guess a plastic water bottle would work to then you can clean with a bottle brush.

Tam

that looks good wish I'd have spotted that before i went out and bought another bunny one today!

Size comparison:

PICT1204a.jpg

PICT1184a.jpg

Back