• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do they know it's Christmas...... vibes needed....U/D

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
No, I'm not talking Band Aid or Bono!!! :lol:

I think it's known as S*ds Law. :roll: Some of you may remember the dilema I faced a few weeks ago with Treacle Tart : http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33452

Well, last night, she didn't eat her veg. I felt her tummy and it felt a little hard, so I gave her some belly rubs and Infacol. I left their dog crate open and set up their pen so's she could move about more in the night.

This morning, she wouldn't touch her pellets, but I did manage to get her to eat some of her pineapple and papaya tablets. I made a vet appointment - they are only open Saturday mornings for emergency appointments, and are now closed until Weds....:roll:

Luckily it was my Bunny Savvy vet who was in :love: She felt Tres tummy and agreed that it felt gassy and felt as though it was possibly a blockage of fur/hair rather than anything v solid.

She gave Treacle some pain relief - vetergesic injection, some anti-inflamitory injection and a injection to stimulate her body a bit - Metacam and Metoclopramide. -- poor gal was like a pin cushion!!!

She said for me to carry on with the belly rubs and getting her moving, and I'm to syringe feed her critical care and carry on with the infacol too.

I managed to get her to eat some mint earlier too which should help her gut move too. My vet also gave me some Fibreplex Paste to give her too.

Is there anything else I can do for her? I'm glad I'm at home for Xmas now, even tho my emergency vets now clinic is 20 mins away, but it's better than nothing!

Vibes and poo chants needed!!! And an other suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Hoppy Xmas?!

Love

Keri, Travis and Treacle. :roll:

Thanks Chris, and Abi. I've told her she has to get better before Monday for when Santa Paws comes, as he's been asked to get her some nice treat from the hay experts. So if she doesn't get back her appetite, Travis will eat them all!??? :roll: I've never been so keen to see a bunny poop before!? :oops:

Tell her christmas is the time to eat more food not less, she's letting the side down!

Seriously though, get better soon little bunny!

we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
we want poo
etc :lol: :lol:
come on lil girly, lets see those bunny currants :wink:

awww vibes for her, hope she feels better soon :)

I managed to get her to eat some mint earlier too which should help her gut move too

So its ok to give them mint yeah? I work in a supermarket and twice a week I finish at 6pm, which is jst when they're marking the days fresh stuff down. Its saved me a fortune since I started working there cuz I snap it all up for the buns. There's been mint a few times but I wasnt sure if it was ok or not. They do get basil, coriander, and parsley.

Oh I do hope that she feels better soon! Have just been through this with Amy - she took ill on Wed night so went off to emergency vets cos not eating, gassy tum and low temp. Had all the jabs, got better overnight + then poorly again Thur afternoon so back to vets, more jabs and touch wood has been getting better since then!

I think you are doing as much as you can for her, I gave Amy regular tummy rubs, kept her warm, lots of tasty herbs and greens and hay to tempt her with. Also syringe fed her a bit, got some Infacol, put probiotics in her water and gave her Fibreplex! Which is everything you are doing and I think is all we can throw at them!!!

I have everything crossed that you don't need to visit the vet over Xmas and she feels much better soon!

Nicola x

lucyj said:
awww vibes for her, hope she feels better soon :)

I managed to get her to eat some mint earlier too which should help her gut move too

So its ok to give them mint yeah? I work in a supermarket and twice a week I finish at 6pm, which is jst when they're marking the days fresh stuff down. Its saved me a fortune since I started working there cuz I snap it all up for the buns. There's been mint a few times but I wasnt sure if it was ok or not. They do get basil, coriander, and parsley.

Mint is fine. My two love mint.
Sounds like you've got a good deal going there too!

Thanks for all of your comments guys :D Mint is fine, I like to use herbs for their natural "healing properties" as often as I can, and mint is good for digestion.

I've just given her some more critical care for breakfast. She's not impressed!!! We made a bit of a mess with it too as she was not swallowing it today so we've got a mucky bunny!!! - her own fault for dribbling!!! I'm supposed to be going to my OH's tomorrow for xmas dinner, so I may take the buns with me if they don't mind!!

She's eaten her pineapple and papaya tablets, so I'm carrying on with as many of them as poss as they have probiotic in them. And in a while I'm gonna make her run up the stairs :oops: . Sounds mean, but she's a lazy bunny so it's the only way I can think of really getting her moving!!

Still not seen any proper poos, just little pathetic attempts!! But I hope she gets better in time for santa paws...... :?

Sorry to hear you have a poorly Bunny. If she has still not poo'd properly then maybe she needs more metoclopromide :? Also more pain relief :? The Vet can also have a feel to see if the mass is moving along and if there is any gas building up behind it. I think I would speak with the Vet again today.
Sending healing vibes and poo chants for Treacle

Janex

Come on Treacle, get better for Mummy and Santa Paws

gwsoon.gif

Thanks Jane, I have felt her this morning and her stomach doesn't feel as bad as it did yesterday. The hardness has gone down and I can't feel the gassiness that I felt yesterday. She seems a little perkier too, my only concern about taking her to the vets is that it stresses her out - a lot - and because of xmas closing I would now have to go to my emergency vets now clinic which is 20-40 mins away - depending on traffic. So obviously I will take her if she appears to get worse, or does not improve, as she's more important to me than time and money, but equally, I don't want to cause her any more stress than is absolutely necessary.

Travis has been very good to her, and is doing his bit to look after her too. I've seen her use her litter tray a couple of times in the last hour, so I'm off to examine the contents?! :oops: :oops: :oops:

KerinTravis said:
Thanks Jane, I have felt her this morning and her stomach doesn't feel as bad as it did yesterday. The hardness has gone down and I can't feel the gassiness that I felt yesterday. She seems a little perkier too, my only concern about taking her to the vets is that it stresses her out - a lot - and because of xmas closing I would now have to go to my emergency vets now clinic which is 20-40 mins away - depending on traffic. So obviously I will take her if she appears to get worse, or does not improve, as she's more important to me than time and money, but equally, I don't want to cause her any more stress than is absolutely necessary.

Travis has been very good to her, and is doing his bit to look after her too. I've seen her use her litter tray a couple of times in the last hour, so I'm off to examine the contents?! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hope to hear reports of turbo-charged POO!!!

Janex

:D Well, we have a large cluster of v small poos :oops: and a more fresher pile of larger, but squidgier poos :oops: So, something's passing through. :D

Back