• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a few vibes for aspen please.

colliewoman

Mama Doe
:( poorly girly, she has had a recurrence of syphilis.
at first we treated it as an eye infection, baytril and drops which seemed to do the trick, but now she has crusty 'bits', so rather than mess around especially over christmas we have decided to go straight for a 3 week course of penicillin. i know she will be ok but i do worry about her bless her :cry:
at the moment as there has been no roodies attempted and no one has groomed her, i am going to see how everyone else goes before doing a course for all 6 buns. with the risk of stasis etc, i really dont want to risk the other 5 over the xmas period when it will not be so easy to get to the vets for treament. if anyone else shows signs then obviously we will be straight in, but as this is a recurrence not a 'new' infection hopefully no one else will be affected :?
does this seem logical? i have to work the next 2 weekends and with the bank holidays the vets will be shut more....... i really dont want to risk everybun getting stasis when quick veterinary attention will be difficult.......
some vibes for the stinkies please!

Awww, bless, it's awful when you know the vets are to be closed for a few days too isn't it?

Sending nose rubs and vibes to all of them :)

vibes for your little girly hope she feels better soon ((((hugs))))

(p.s. am i the only one whos vet is open every day includin 2-3 hours on christmas day??? )

^^
i reckon so!
i can get a vet any time day or night if i have an emergency, but having no transport does make things tricky :?
bless my vets though, in the past they have come out at gone midnight to collect an animal of mine when it was an emergency and taken it in to the vets for me when i had no lift and no cash for a taxi :love:
having no cash point within walking distance make things even harder :roll:
i really dont want to have to do that to the vets now though, after all its christmas for them too, and they are VERY good to me and my animals all year.
thanks for your thoughts everyone, she is stuffing herself with hay at the mo, i really dont think she realises that she is poorly at all :lol:

Back