• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crate shelfs and ladders

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you with crates and shelves- how have you attached the ladder to the shelf?

This is Audrey and Rowans crate:
crate.jpg

The ladder was attached with little hooks, but it fell down so I relaised this is a bit dangerous, so I need another way to attach it.

Would prefer it if it was removable though :?

thanks

sorry i cant help you my ramp attaches with 6 hooks to the side of the cage.
could you try stronger/more hooks? mine has 6 largish brass hooks and it easily takes 2 buns sitting on it.

i am thinking of changing mine for a small table or box so they can hop up on to the box then hop up to the level, they can then go under the box/table too, could you try something like that maybe?

Mine have a little step which also doubles as a hiding place as I thought it took up less room than a ramp, and would be less accident prone, as my two can be clumsy!!!! :roll: :oops:

6b94ea89.jpg

81e08d4a.jpg

What size cage is yours, Keri?
I have a 42" but can never make up my mind if a ramp or step would fit if I put in a second level.
I also have the problem of Bella not liking heights so I don't know what she'd be more likely to use.

Back