• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

septrin

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I picked up twinkles Septrin today, I have to give her a whopping 3.5ml a day :shock: does that sound right i was thinking it would be more like 0.35ml :? I only have a 1ml syringe too going to be a nightmare :(

Unfortunately yes it does sound right
The dose is 100mg/kg. I now have the injectable as some of my BIG bunnies were having to take 6-8ml orally a day!! :shock: :shock:

Janex

touie said:
smells yummy though does it go down better than baytril?

Yes as its banana flavour. One of my guinea pigs has to go on it regularly and she has to have 3ml a day :shock:

is it likely to cause tummy problems I've just realised i only have 2 sachets of bio lapis left?

touie said:
is it likely to cause tummy problems I've just realised i only have 2 sachets of bio lapis left?

None of my Buns have had a problem with it. If you cant get hold of any Bio-lapis today then that infamous chain of Pet Shops sells Avipro-C........

Janex

ooh that was fun, NOT :shock: so what do you do when the bunny spits/dribbles it out, stick to normal dose or estimate the loss and top it up? :?

when harly had 2 have anti-bios, he only had 0.8ml, but I gave it in 2 or 3 bursts, so he could go sup sup sup and swallow it b4 putting in more so wasnt dribbling/spitting :)

I did her in 3 goes but she just held it in her mouth then let it dribble out on the second go :shock:

touie said:
I did her in 3 goes but she just held it in her mouth then let it dribble out on the second go :shock:

If it dribbles on to their fur, I don't normally top it up. Usually they wonder off in a huff - and have to preen themselves where it has split over = rabbit getting full doseage :thumb:

Now pineapple juice... most of that ends up all over me and down my jumper! (it's called the blunderbus approach! :lol: )

I'm not sure if it's too early to tell or not but i don't think she's as snuffly today and i havent heard any sneezes either :D

just ignore that last comment poor little girl was terrible last night :( should it have started to kick in by now she's had 3 doses :? ?

Back