• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Star ...why...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
I would like to thank everyone for their support today and to try and explain why i let him go .

He had had an op already as you know and undergone painful , uncomfortable flushing and cleaning of the wound . All through this he was sooo brave . only once did he seem as though he was upset enough to bite and then he changed his mind .
He seemed to be doing so well up to the last couple of days ...then last night we found out his abcess had spread . he had 2 more visible ones on the side of his face and they were filling rapidly .
this morning he started sneezing a lot and he had a high temperature .
He went in for another op ...but i said goodbye as i left him as i knew in my heart he wouldnt be coming back to me :cry: :cry:

When Carmen our lovely vet started the op it became clear that he had no chance of fighting this off . His whole jaw at one side, both top and bottom was infected . Carmen could not believe that he had still been eating and behaving normaly right up to that moment .
3 of his lower teeth were sat in a huge abcess .

i had already told Carmen that if it looked hopeless to let him go and that is what she did .

my poor poor brave boy . I ll never feel his soft velvety nose in my hand again . :cry: :cry:

thank you all again for your kind words . i now have to clear his cage .

good night

Angie

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Angie I am lost for words, :cry: :cry: but you did the right thing, he is at peace now, playing at Rainbow Bridge

Go and find Barney, Star, he will look after you,

Binky Free

Awww don't feel you have to 'explain' why you let him go, you obviously loved him very much and he was a brave bunny but it wasn't fair to let him suffer any more. RIP little Star xx

So sorry to hear about Star. :( I also agree with others who have said no explanations necessary.

:( He found loved with you and you made him such a happy bunster. You did what was best for him. Im so very sorry. He was a heroe bunny. RIP Brave Star. xx

Sorry jst caught up with this, had 2 go out 2 work earlier. Im so sorry for ur loss but u have done the right thingas he must have been in pain, even if he was a brave man and wasnt showing it. have fun at the bridge star, lots of binkies and no more pain x x x

What a brave bunster,and a very brave decision for you to make too, and it was the right one. Lucky Star had a loving home and people who cared about him.

:( I am so sorry...you gave him the best chance and then gave him the most precious gift than any 2foot can give a bunny, to let them go in peace.

"I ll never feel his soft velvety nose in my hand again" .
Yes, you will....when you meet up one day at the Bridge...... :wink:

Angie I am so so very sorry, I really do know what you are going through and I am thinking of you. If you need to chat then you know where I am
Love
Kayxxx

Dear Angie

I hope you can take comfort in this

TamGodsaw011105resized.jpg

Lovefrom.gif

Back