• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is bonding complete - can I relax?

rockk

Young Bun
Hello everyone, (Merry Xmas by the way!)

I just wanted to know if you think bonding is complete and I can relax. My 2 rex rabbits (Scholes and Lita) I think are finally bonded (touch wood!!! God I hope I don't Jinx it)

They are in a shed and I have been giving them 10 minutes or so each day together - no bars - and have been completely rotaing them around the shed so it is owned territory (1 day Scholes has the run of the shed and Lita is in a hutch and then swop the next).

Today i'm in all day and have spent about 30 mins sat in the shed with them both having the run of it and no fighting occured, just scholes nipping Lita every so often. They had their only major scrap about 3 weeks ago when I first got them together.

Am I safe ???? Is this them bonded and happy .... the rescue I got them from said that I shouldn't leave them at night running around together until I was absolutely sure ... when is that

I'm checking them every 30mins at the minute (I'm sure they think i'm mad) ... this must be what having children feels like .......

If you are home all day today then just keep watching them every 30 mins as you say - you should know by tonight how they are getting on and take it from there!

Do you have any baby monitors? Just a thought that you could set that up and be able to hear if anything did kick off overnight??

Good luck! I'm still waiting for the day I can put my three into the shed - they've been in my spare room for three weeks!!!

Thats about how long this has been. I got scholes on the 25/11 and so desperately didn't want to rush it that they've been doing the whole rota thing since then, even thought i'd keep it like that as it was working but the whole point of getting scholes was company again for Lita. (And that fact that he is bluming cute as hell hehe)

I've just been out for the 2nd time and they seem okay (Fingers crossed) just sat about munching the hay and hoping in and out both hutchs.

Any thoughts on sleeping arrangements? Should I keep them seperate for a week or so. Let them run round together in the day.

Thought about the baby monitors. I would be fab wouldn't it but I don't have any.

Bonding 3 .... they'll be out in the shed before you know it.

Sleeping arrangements? Well if you want to sleep in the shed thats up to you, but its going to be cold tonight!

Maybe, because they've only had 10mins together per day so far, they might need to sort out the heirarchy still, so I think I'd be inclined to separate them overnight still and supervise them during the day. This might involve some scuffles, so best if you are there to keep an eye on them!

Hope things work out for you! And Merry Xmas!

I would try thm overnight somewhere u can keep an eye on them, at least 1 night if not 2. I left honey and harly 4 nights in my bathroom jst 2 b sure, withonly 1 basket so thy had 2 share

Back