• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Star.....sad news...HES GONE

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
back from the vets and things are not going well at all . Star has had a serious relapse . it seems the abcess is very aggressive and has spread . he now has 2 new ones , top and bottom of his wound . and they are huge:cry: :cry:

he is back in for surgery in the morning but dont know if anything can be done . the area affected is so big that there may not be enough healthy tissue left to repair his face ... :cry: ...they may have to ring me to make a PTS decision . :cry:

i am shocked and heartbroken ....my poor big lad :cry:

Angie

I am so sorry to hear this about such a brave bunster. Please send him my love and lots of vibes. Hugs to you.

i cant believe it :cry: he is running around the kitchen just now as if there is nothing wrong ...and he might not be here this time tomorrow :cry: :cry:

Oh Angie I am so sorry :cry: :cry:

But at least the brave boy is obviously oblivious to the serious situation. He must 'feel' OK to be so active. You will do what is best for him even if that means allowing him to pass over to Rainbow Bridge. I will be thinking of Star tomorrow.

Janex

So sorry. What a brave little bunster he is. Give him some snuggles from us, and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

OMG I am so shocked Angie, I cant believe it, poor little Star :cry: my heart and thoughts will be with you both tomorrow :love: :love:

Please give him a special hug from me :love:

I’m so sorry Angie. You’ve done everything you possibly can for him and Star couldn’t of asked for a better bunny mum.

Sending all my positive vibes for tomorrow. We will be thinking about you both.

Louise

bunnymadhouse wrote:
thank you .

i cant stop crying

im not strong enough to do this

You are strong enough chicken .. You have to be

ditto, i know exactly how u feel when harly 1st got myxi i couldnt stop crying for days, thn I realised whn I was crying he was gettin upset, so it wasnt fair on him. As long as he is fighting and acting normal u have 2 pull it 2gether and enjoy wht may be ur last time with him, I know I wouldnt have 4gave myself if Harly had gone 2 the bridge and Id spent his last little while sobbing and making him feel sad. Its sooooo difficult, but it can be done. Vibes, hugs and love for him, all the best for 2mo I hope it goes well.

wow....lucy very well said. I never thought it that way. I got to remember this from now on.

Hope all goes well with Star.

Hugs from me & Gail - I'm so sorry to hear that Angie.

but please remember that you have looked after Star so well and he appreciates it - you can tell by the way he is with you

Sarah x

Back