• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pregnant bunnies

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
We have taken on 2 bunnies from the free ads.We had them checked over by the vets and they are both pregnant :shock: My question is can we keep them together while their pregnant or should we separate them??.the vets guess was about 2 weeks untill they have them??

I would say seperate them. I dont anything about pregnant buns but im guessing they should be seperated before they have the babies, you dont want to be moving the mums and babies about after they are born.

Let the mums get used to where they are going to live on their own before they give birth I think

Depending on how you feel about this you could concider getting them spayed and terminating their pregnancies. I'm not sure how I feel about this but have never had to face the option so I can't say but I know some people on here would recommend this. Ultimately it's up to you and whether you can manage two litters and finding homes for them. I had two girls that the vet thought weren't prgnant living together when they gave birth and they got along fine. The babies ended up sharing one nest and the mums looking after both sets of kits but I think the best option would be to seperate them like sillyrabbit said and give them time to get used to living alone. Good Luck!

I picked up 2 girls from the free ads once & they gave birth overnight - well one of them did, but I never knew which one, so HAD to keep them together. But beware cos another adult may kill the babies of another bun. I get females spayed now as soon as they arrive. One was pregnant, & I did feel bad, but TBH I'd rather have no babies, & a happy, bonded, healthy female.

Would you be able to keep all the babies? Or have you already got Rescue back-up? Cos you could ask them what they would prefer?

Back