• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fosterers needed

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Midlands or further afield!

Could anyone foster some rabbits for Jill Honeybunnys in Leicester until she has space please?

It is the rabbits from this thread:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35239&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Scroll to the end and you can see that they've just been advertised on RR. They are in derbyshire.

Jill is mega busy at the moment so couldnt guarantee when she would be able to take them in, but it would be great if someone could look after one or two of them in the meantime.

thanks

If I could have a hutch I could foster them, but I have no space in my sheds for any more. Provided they are used to being outside and a hutch could be brought with them I'd be happy to help.

Sorry I cant take anymore until some of my fosters have gone. I’ve currently got 9 waiting for rescue spaces.

Louise

ellepotter said:
Sorry I cant take anymore until some of my fosters have gone. I’ve currently got 9 waiting for rescue spaces.

Louise
Don't worry louise you are doing enough already..and hopefully I can releive you of some of yours soon!

Aw, wish I could help :( If anyone needs a hand with transport though, do give me a shout, I may be able to help :D
Nicola x

Right, Ive had an e-mail from the owner, she sounds quite different from her website:

Hi, yes I'm giving up breeding. I used to breed when I was younger but grown
out of it now. It's not fair to the rabbits. Theres plenty already out
there.

I have a large female harlequin lop around 3 yrs old.

Chocolate dutch arounf 1 yr living with her black baby almost 6mnths.

Two 6mnth dutch females, one black one rex.

One large ginger lop male, around 3yrs.

Hope this helps.

She's giving up at least. So how many people can foster? i think some come with hutches.

Its in Derbyshire....could fosterers pick them up also? Or we could try andf arrange a bunny run, but might be a bit difficult this time of year? :?

I think I am too far away to be of any use (Swindon) but if any need to come down this way then I can probably help with a bunny run....

I would love to foster but at the moment I don't really have the space.... It is my new years resolution to sort some space though :wink:

I am on the border of Derbyshire so could possibly collect depending on exact location and date/time. As I said, if they come with a hutch I can take a single or pair, just let me know any more details.

If a suitable time/date can be arranged and its not the other end of Derbyshire from me I can probably collect all of them...though not if the hutches are coming with them....only have a smallish car :shock: I've pm'd Mandy
if its not too far I could make a couple of trips to get hutches too...depending on size :?

Cool, thanks everyone. Well I shall e-mail her and say we can take some of them...If she's ok with that I will give people who have offered to foster them the lady's phone number as it'll probably be better to arrange directly with her re) picking up etc.

So I think we may be able to get all 6 of them then with Chloe, Sally and Beaney's help :)

We'll have to sort out the hutch situation too, I just e-mailed her to confirm that they come with them.

thanks for offering help with transport Nicola.

Would you be able to get them part way to Chloe and Beany in birmingham at all? Would be 3 carriers and a hutch tho which might be a problem.

And getting 3 carriers to start with. I guess I best ask her if she has them that we could have.

And then Sally could pick her pair or single up directly if that is ok?

I wonder if we could sort this for Saturday...I have a little concern that if there is something wrong with them it would be a problem calling a vet out over xmas period :? .

mandy said:
i think it said on another thread that it was in Clowne.

If thats the case then its about an hour and a quarter from me..probably too far to do more than one trip I think, but see how it pans out :wink:

Back